We just returned from a three night four day stay at Hampton Inn. We had a beach front room. I was a little disappointed when we checked in. By all the great reviews I read I guess I was expecting more. After I got over the initial shock I found Hampton to be fine. The lobby windows had finger prints all over it and the wood floor was dirty. The elevators had a strong mildew smell (Probably from all the traffic from the beach) The reviews I read said this hotel was "immaculate". Our room was nice and clean, but by the time I arrived there I was so disappointed in what I had seen outside my room it took me a while to realize this. All I could see was the dust all over the TV. Which really was not a big deal since the rest of the room was clean. I have pretty high standards so someone else may not have been bothered by this. Over all our stay was very nice. I would not say the hotel was "immaculate", but over all it was clean. Expect the rooms to be small and the closet in the room unusable because it is hard to open it with the bed in front of it. The deck is small, but the rocking chairs are nice. The beds in the room were comfortable. I found the beach to be crowded, but then again I am used to a less populated area when I go to the beach. We also stayed at Hampton Inn Downtown Columbia, SC. There is no comparison between these two hotels. Columbia's Hampton was top notch. Over all the Hampton in Myrtle was nice, just not what I expected. Don't go in with high hopes of getting a four star hotel and you will not be disappointed. I think in the future we would stay in North Myrtle or Hilton Head. (that is where we usually go but choose Hampton Inn, Mrytle Beach because of the reviews).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront hotel, located directly on the beach. Our Myrtle Beach hotel is located just two miles from Myrtle Beach Jetport and minutes from local attractions like Market Common, Broadway at the Beach, Coastal Grande Mall, and Myrtle Beach's new 'Sky Wheel'. Our two-story lobby with pine floors offers beautiful Atlantic Ocean views. Start your day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast(R) and enjoy views of the ocean. If you're on the go, be sure to grab one of our Hampton's On the Run(R) Breakfast Bags, available Monday through Friday. Enjoy a gourmet blend of coffee available every day, all day. Sunbathe and swim in one of our two lazy rivers, three outdoor and four indoor pools at our Myrtle Beach oceanfront hotel. Our beachfront playground is great for the little ones in your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Otel, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront
- Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn