“Nice Hotel But Horrible Location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #7 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed July 6, 2006

This hotel almost lived up to the previous stellar reviews by other travelers--but we had three problems. First, they didn't clean our room the first night of our stay and by the time we came back to the room, all the housekeeping crew had left. They dropped off some towels and we had to stay in a messy room. Second, the hairdryer continued to short out and was not usable. We called maintenance and they came to fix it -but it broke again. Third the pool area was a mess. They never straightened the lounge chairs-they were all over, and while the pools were clean, the pool area itself was quite cluttery. All that said, the hotel was clean, the breakfast great for a Hampton Inn (hot eggs and sausages along with fruit, yogert, juices and an assortment of breads and pastries). But the real problem was the location of this hotel. Downtown Myrtle Beach is full of tatooed motorcyclers and lots of young kids walking around getting drunk. The traffic to get out of the area was unbearable. The hotel would be great if it were only in North Myrtle Beach. It is a shame-an oasis in the center of pretty shabby cheap hotels.

• Stayed: July 2006
15  Thank BKennedy45
Write a ReviewReviews (3,001)

Reviewed July 5, 2006

Although I prefer accommodations located on the Northern end of Myrtle Beach and this hotel is located South, it is a quality hotel. Immaculately clean and the room we were given had a great view of the beach (oceanfront) on the 14th (really 13th) floor. The balcony had a rocking wicker loveseat which was a nice touch. They are currently advertising the new Hampton Bed and it is very, very comfortable. I slept better while at the hotel than I do at home. And I didn't even have to nudge my husband in the middle of the night to make him stop snoring. I think we need to purchase this bed!!! The staff was very friendly. There was ample parking in the parking deck. Occasionally there was a clog on the elevator and a long wait (well, we were on the 14th floor) but not anything major. This room had a microwave and small refrigerator which was a plus. Now if we could just move the hotel up the beach a ways.............

• Stayed: July 2006
4  Thank Francine E
Reviewed July 5, 2006

I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites from 6-22 thru 6-25. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I got in a little early and they graciously let me check in--I was thankful because I was tired of driving. My room was spotless and the beds were so-o-o-o comfortable. They even had three pillows (one was decorative). I had an ocean view room on the third floor, and the view was spectacular! I have a SUV, so parking was a little tight but I could always find a space even when we came in late. The breakfast was good; they served something different every day.

This was my first time in Myrtle Beach and I really enjoyed it! I was so comfortable and relaxed at the hotel that I didn't really feel like going too many places. I was satisfied just sitting on the balcony and enjoying the beautiful view! I did see some attractions but I'm planning to return to see the rest. When I do, I plan to stay at this hotel--they made my first visit to MB wonderful!

9  Thank ilandgyrl08
Reviewed June 28, 2006

Our family stayed at this hotel June 19 for 7 nights. We had a great experience. The staff was very friendly, from the front desk staff to the housekeepers. The property was very clean. The breakfast was good. We loved this hotel. We would definitly stay here again. I picked this hotel because of all the great reviews, I am so glad I did. They are true.

9  Thank ilBeachgoer
Reviewed June 25, 2006

We had a King Suite with Sofa Bed. Having read the reviews about construction, we were a little concerned. We had called and the concern was noted - when we arrived they indicated that our location near the construction would not be a problem because the main part of the excavation was completed. They were 100% correct. It was very quiet and we had 2 balconies! Breakfast was excellent with a hot selection that varied - sometimes eggs and egg caserole, sometimes a quiche like thing baked on a bagel, sometimes sausage, etc. Additionally, they would bring out special items like cinnamon rolls and Krispy Kreme donuts occasionally, and we were lucky enough a few mornings to find these. Indeed it is crowded, but we are early risers so it wasn't a problem for us. The pool areas were well maintained, and the pools were kept warm. As others have said, the hotel is very clean (difficult at the beach!). The only complaint we had which is not the hotel's fault, is that some guests were go into the hot tub without rinsing off their feet. Overall this was an excellent experience and we would stay again.

6  Thank Porky23
A TripAdvisor Member
Bristow VA
Reviewed June 25, 2006

Just got back this past weekend from a weeklong stay at Oceanfront Hampton Inn in Myrtle Beach. Located near 18 Ave South and Ocean Drive it is very quiet in the area. But is located close enough for a quick drive to the Pavillion or the 2nd Avenue Fishing Pier as well as Family Kingdom.

Each morning the breakfast featured hot and cold items. Each day from Monday to Saturday was different items. The only issue would be lack of seating so sometimes we found ourselves sitting on the couch but other couples left soon enough so we got to sit at a table.
My wife is 7 months pregnant and is a diabetic and we saved money by getting some apples and bananas as well as yogurts to go. Needed our snacks.

Hotel is very clean and plenty of garaged parking each day or night. Room was a King Oceanfront on the 7th floor and our view was beautiful.

This is a wonderful family hotel. My 4 year old loved the lazy river area and quick access to the beach.

No restaurant on site. But plenty close by.

Stayed: June 2006
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Ravenswood, West Virginia
Reviewed June 23, 2006

I just got back from staying at Hampton Inn & Suites on Myrtle Beach. I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite on an upper foor. Me, Wife, 3 boys & 1 mother-in-law with plenty of room. This was our first family vacation to the Myrtle Beach and it exceeded our expectations. The ocean view was wonderful and there is a sliding glass door in the master bedroom that my wife left open all night so she could hear the ocean sounds. The staff was very nice & the cleaning staff did an excellent job keeping everything clean. My boy's tried to put them to the test dragging in sand on their toys. We have decided to stay here again next year.
I had like most of you been reading these reviews before going and this place lives up to the great reviews. The only grip I have is the wait for elevators and the parking garage is bit tight for a larger SUV. That by no means changes my mind about coming back again.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member