3,202 results
All reviewsrocking chairsbunk bedsbath suitethe breakfast arealazy riversfree breakfastnorth toweryogurthot breakfastpool areaoverlooking the oceancommon areasevery morningoceanfront roomparking garageoff seasoneasy access to the beach
Reviewed October 27, 2009

The pools are great and it also has a lazy river. We were booked in the south tower and had a noise problem with the air conditioner. The next morning we asked to be moved. We moved to the north tower which was just completed in the spring of 2009. This tower was fresh and new. I would recommend asking for the new (north)tower when you book a room at this hotel.

2  Thank 24tea
Reviewed October 22, 2009

I have stayed at this location approximately ten times since 2004. I will continue to visit here, but that does not mean I find everything to my liking. Our recent visit was very enjoyable. "J.R." handled our check-in and it was by far the friendliest check-in I have ever experienced anywhere.

This location has doubled in size recently. We were given a room in the new section and the changes were very noticable. The first and nicest change were the elevators. Elevators in the new section are three to four times faster than those in the older section. Three elevators service the new section while only two service the older side. Our wait time for an elevator was never more than about ten seconds as compared to waits of more than a minute in the older section. Larger flatscreen televisions and upgraded bathroom fixtures complimented our room. The sliding door to the oceanfront balcony opened, closed, and locked easily. This is something that I sometimes find challenging at other locations. The entire facility, inside and out, was almost spotless. The bedding was as close to perfect as a hotel can get - something that this facility has always provided.

There were a few cons about my recent visit here. With my room being practically brand new, I was surprised when I found the toilet seat loose to the point that it was about to fall off. With housekeeping personnel cleaning this area almost daily, I was surprised they had not brought the loose toilet seat to the attention of maintenance personnel. The towel rack in the bathroom was located over the toilet when there were two other places nearer the tub and shower it should have been located. The push button light switch in the bathroom would only come on if you depressed it quickly with a snap. Anything less left you in the dark. We figured this out by accident after a couple of minutes.

The weak link in this visit was definitely our housekeeper. Although the basic tasks were completed daily (towel replacement, emptying trash cans), no attention was given to detail as has been here in the past. The pillows were not placed back on the beds after they were made up, candy wrappers were left behind (not ours), linens at the kitchen sink were not replaced, and a dirty cleaning rag was left in the living room. Although each of these things were very miniscule in the overall scheme of things, I was none the less surprised based on my previous experience here at this location. The card in my room said Sharon was my housekeeper.

Will we return? You bet we will. Our eyes are always open to other locations in this area, but the overall hospitality and cleanliness of this facility will make this the place to come back to next time.

2  Thank David500
Reviewed October 17, 2009

First of all, no pets are allowed, which is always a plus for me.

We enjoyed our stay here. It is obvious that the staff aims to please. The hotel is beautifully decorated and appointed.

We highly enjoyed the huge selection of pools. The two lazy rivers were a hit. There are indoor pools for the winter time. The free breakfast was excellent and featured a different meat each day, in addition to the pastries and cereals. I wished they had yogurt without aspertame (artificial sugars) in it- they only carried Dannon Light and Fit, which I did not want to give my toddler, since some say the aspertame is dangerous. I just wish they had regular yogurt.

The highchairs at breakfast were dirty. We had to clean one for our baby and it took quite a scrubbing to do so.

One other small complaint- there was no key access back to the hotel from the beach. I felt that it would be easy for a non guest of the hotel to come and access the hotel's pools, since anyone could open the gate. There were times when I wondered if everyone in the pool was from the hotel.

Parking is excellent- nice parking deck and you don't have to cross the street to get to your car like other places in Myrtle Beach.

Very nice family atmosphere. The other guests were pleasant. I think this is partially due to the price- this place is not expensive, but certainly not cheap.

Price was a bit high; we will try Dunes Village Resort next time because the price is the same but Dunes comes with an indoor waterpark.

I would certainly recommend this hotel and think you'd have a great stay here! P.S.- Check out the view of the ocean from the top floor- you will be floored!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank gabesmomilm
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Very comfortable rooms, views and amenities. All of our folks will now consider Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach Ocean Front as thier option for families when they come to the Beach.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My wife and I had just spent a fall getaway from the cloudy and cool Northeast and spent 7 days at this immaculate and well cared for hotel complex. Onsite parking, clean and wholesome atmosphere was coupled by a hard working TEAM of employees. Our room was ALWAYS done by the time we got back from our morning's 2 mile beach walk after breakfast. The staff was ALWAYS receptive to any of our needs. The little things such as COOKIES at the check-in area each afternoon was appreciated. The beach area is but a few steps from the pool area. The breakfast was not tiresome as the hot entrees on the morning serving area was changed daily. It was nice to be able to check on my own e-mail with the convenience of 3 desktops for visitors in an area of the hotel. The hotel sits on the southern end of Myrtle Beach and the hotel was but a few blocks away from Route 17 business and bypasses, so it was easy to get to all restaurants and shows. Despite spending the first week of October there, the weather was still in the high 70's and low 80's to enjoy some sunbathing and use of the warm Atlantic. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. As a former teacher, I love children, but at this time of year there were but a handful there.

2  Thank BobandJoan