“Perfect room”

Ranked #6 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Atlanta
“Perfect room”
Reviewed March 7, 2006

Just got back from MB. Hampton Inn & Suites Oceanfront was great. Had a one BR suite, it couldn't have been more comfortable. They gave me a 1st floor room and I initially thought that was going to be a problem. It turned out it was perfect. Great ocean view, No elevators and I had my own entrance/exit (shared by one other room. I never even had to go into the lobby.Loved this hotel. Will stay there again.

Stayed March 2006
5 Thank mastacow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (622)
  • Arabic first
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed January 3, 2006

This is by far the cleanest and best place that I have every stayed at Myrtle Beach!!! The staff was very friendly, the breakfast every morning was yummy too!

The rooms smelled clean and fresh...no mildew or mold. The high speed internet service in the room was superior. The Hampton just doesn't offer those plastic lawn chairs for your balcony...they have wooden rocking chairs for your enjoyment of the beach!

• Stayed December 2005
19 Thank Scott P
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 3, 2006

It was a beautiful experience from the time we walked in the door at the hotel. The front desk staff was beautiful and friendly. SO HOSPITABLE! Jenny was like having a personal concierge. She knew places to eat and called to our room to check if our "4" girls were settled in and if we enjoyed the room. The continental b-fast was delicious and we even ate on the balcony overlooking the ocean-it was so relaxing and beautiful! The food attendees accomodated what we needed and they were so friendly. The cleaning staff was professional and very nice. The room was VERY CLEAN! This is important to my family--you want to be in an environment that is clean. The beds were comfortable and we awoke to the sounds of the ocean each morning-I wish I could take it and bottle the experience.

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed December 23, 2005

I have to agree with the rest that it would be hard to find a better hotel in Myrtle Beach. I would rate this as a five star hotel. Both my husband and I have travelled alot and this is indeed a very enjoyable stay for the both of us. Everything here is in new condition.

• Stayed December 2005
15 Thank eileenhonewyork
takeachance
Reviewed November 5, 2005

I consult trip advisor for all hotel information. This hotel was highly recommended and I concur. We had an early flight and they went out of their way to have a room ready when we told them we had arrived. The room was spotless and all employees very friendly and helpful. The ocean view is spectacular and we did not hear anything from ajoining rooms. We were amazed at the included breakfast as it had anything you would want and the staff went out of their way for special requests.
Perhaps it is southern hospitality but there is nothing negative we could find at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
12 Thank takeachance_9
Reviewed October 25, 2005

We stayed here a couple weeks ago, based on the high reviews of this site. The hotel is probably your best bet along that particular strip of Ocean Drive. The good parts:
1. Parking was really convienent.
2. Hotel lobby and breakfast were in good taste.
3. Excellent access to the beach.

The bad parts (reason for 2 circles)

1. The rooms are paper thin, we heard an entire conversation of the family next door to us
2. We asked to change our room and the staff put up a un-helpful attitude. They eventually changed us, but not without complaining more than I should have.
3. The room (at least ours) a King size-handicap was really small, and rough around the edges..torn comforter, dents, rust on the furniture. I may just be picky, but don't expect new stuff out of the crates.

Stayed October 2005
27 Thank tarleton
North Carolina USA
Reviewed October 19, 2005

We stayed at the Hampton during the mid-October off-season. Having stayed at several different hotels in the past in Myrtle Beach, we found this one to be the cleanest we've stayed at. Granted, this is off-season, but the rooms were clean and fresh and the bathroom was in excellent condition. I read other reviews with complaints about the staff, but we found them to be helpful and professional. The complimentary breakfast included hot items as well as the standard continenal breakfast items. The pools were clean and very enjoyable. The beachfront is fairly well lit at night and we felt very safe on the beach at night in front of the hotel. I'm not sure how bad the parking would be during peak season, but I must say that I found the parking to be JUST adequate for our stay. I'm not sure of the occupancy of the hotel during our stay. I would definitely stay at the hotel again on the Grand Strand.

• Stayed October 2005