“Wonderful Stay Wonderful Hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #6 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Edgewater, Maryland
“Wonderful Stay Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed April 26, 2005

The Hampton Inn Oceanfront in Myrtle Beach is wonderful. We stayed in one of the two bedrooms, and my two boys Loved the bunkbeds. The room was gorgeous, the view was out of this world. The lobby and breakfast area is so pretty and the porch overlooking the ocean is fantastic. The rocking chairs add a quaint southern touch. The breakfast was very nice, but it was a busy weekend and it could have been kept a little better stocked. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2005
6 Thank Cindy S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (622)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed April 12, 2005

Will definitely come back for 3 main reasons! 1. CLEAN! 2. The family suite is great! We are a family of 5 (3 teens) and one of the rooms has bunk beds! It also has a Q bed and is pretty tight in that one room, BUT all of the kids end up having their own beds while mom and dad are in a big bed in a room with a view of the ocean! Plus some of the family suites have 2 full baths available! 3. On either side of the Hampton Hotel are smaller buildings....not huge resort hotels....that makes the beach in front of the Hampton much less crowded than what you can see further down the beach. We've stayed in a few hotels in this area and I agree this is #1!

• Stayed July 2004
6 Thank chipper340
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed April 11, 2005

I travel to Myrtle Beach in the Summer every year and stayed at this property for the first time last July. Was I ever pleased! My 9-year old daughter and I were the only two to vacation on the Beach during that time as we were getting away to mourn the loss of my 14-year son (and her brother). This hotel provided just what we needed to truly relax and let the beach work its magic.... it was small and intimate, had a great family atmosphere including the free continental breakfast, the onsite children's playground, the pools, and direct access to the beach. In addition, our room was one of the cleanest, most attractive hotel rooms I have ever stayed in! We will make our way back to Myrtle Beach this year to commemorate the 2nd anniversary of our loved one's passing and won't consider any hotel but this one. The only drawback to the property that I can see is now that they have enjoyed great success, the rates are truly outrageous this year compared to what we paid last year when we stayed there.

• Stayed July 2004
6 Thank HoneyKee
Reviewed April 2, 2005

What can I say? We have stayed at numerous Oceanfront MB hotels over the years...Compass Cove, Sandcastle South, Holiday Sands South...all nice but can't compare, unless of course you include the "Hampton Inn at Broadway at the Beach", another unbeatable place. If you want Oceanfront, don't pass this one up. The rooms and grounds could not be more clean and needless to say the continental breakfast is more than sufficient. It would seem that lots of positive comments are made about the huge rocking chairs on the balcony and rightfully so. Just another one of Hampton Inn's little things that mean alot!! The saying "you get what you pay for" absolutely applies here.

• Stayed August 2003
22 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 24, 2005

As a long time Hilton Honor member, I generally enjoy staying at the entire chain of Hilton hotels, but I have to give high marks for the Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn and Suites Oceanfront Hotel. I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions in the last three years for both leisure and business reasons, and I have never been disappointed with my multiple visits. My most recent visit was just a few months ago in September of 2004, and I will be returning again next month (April 2005) for another visit.

Although the standard rooms are not entirely the most spacious, the cleaniness, great balcony with rocking chairs, convenient amenities (microwave and refrigerator), ample desk area, fabulous breakfasts (always a wonderful Hampton plus!), wonderful coffee any time of day, warm cookies in the afternoon, calming and welcoming lobby and room decor, and terrific ocean and beach views just make the whole experience very gratifying and worth repeating. Whenever I have visited, I have always been greeted graciously and with friendliness by the staff. I know that some of the other reviewers have been disgruntled with some staff behavior, and there was one occasion on one of my earliest visits when a male night lobby clerk was less than helpful when I and another female business associate had difficulty finding a parking space in the hotel garage, but after indicating our displeasure to day management the following morning on how the situation was handled by this gentleman, the matter was resolved by management, and in my return visits, I have not seen this particular staffer there anymore. There are still times when parking is "tight" and people have to get creative in finding a place to park in the multi-leveled parking garage, but part of that comes from the hotel being so popular. It currently ranks #1 out of 207 hotels in the Myrtle Beach area. To ease any concerns over an "over-crowded" experience because of its popularity, I have never felt like a "sardine" or lacked anything that I needed or wanted because of a "full house" once in the hotel facility.

Really, any minor drawback such as the parking or an occasionally tired or frustrated staff member doesn't outweigh how terrific this hotel is. My recommendation is that you should definitely try the Oceanfront Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn and Suites. It will be well worth your visit and time, and maybe like me, you will keep going back again and again because you can trust its excellent consistency.

• Stayed September 2004, traveled on business
15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 13, 2005

We relied on trip advisor when booking this hotel, and all of the reviews are correct...this hotel is wonderful! The rooms are beautiful, clean, and have a crisp "beachy" decor. We loved that each room had their own outdoor balcony. The hot breakfast was a nice treat every morning, as were the ocean views out of every room. There is an indoor pool area, HUGE hot tub, and nice outdoor pool area as well. We don't have one bad thing to say about our stay here! Great location in Myrtle!

• Stayed February 2005
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
connecticut
Reviewed February 23, 2005

Great place even in the winter. Staff friendly, breakfast was great and included with room rate. Rooms are very clean with great views.

7 Thank Thomas B