OK we went to Myrtle Beach the week before labor day to take advantage of possible lean times as schools have started in Charlotte and other areas in carolinas. When we reached the hotel we really liked the indoor parking garage as most hotels here have it. The most disappointing part of our stay was not so friendly reception we got at front desk. We checked in at 4:45 on Aug 27th and there was no warm greeting or any smile by the person who checked us in. Also he did not let us know the location of the elevator for our room #720. Our room was located in the south tower but we had gone to the North tower and carrying all the luggage with a 20 month old and realize we were in the wrong place after 4 hour drive is very frustrating…
No hamptonality for sure !!
we had a 2 queen bed room.. It seemed very cramped and the hotel itself is very old as we see the bathroom door had the paint come off and saw rust spots on the door.. Another problem we had is there is no exhaust in the bathroom which was strange as this is now a requirement for most bathrooms. The closet seemed at a very odd location one side of the bed which was difficult to access and there was only 1 night stand in the middle for the 2 queen beds instead of two one on either side which is the norm..
Also the rooms have doors on each wall to the next door room and that really kills the insulation and we could practically hear every scream from the next door kids who checked in late on Friday evening...
Now some of the pros of this hotel is the obvious close proximity to the beach, the 5-6 pools are clean and kids friendly had 4 pools, 2 lazy river and 1 hot water spa… The best part is the breakfast which had nice hot fresh options and not the std cold cuts.. The bed was comfortable too.
The bad part about the beach is most of the space is occupied by the beach chairs set-up by the lifeguard for $35/day ( only from 9 am to 4 PM ) which is too short for a long summer days at that price and if you got your own chairs you have to find the space to place it as the rental beach chairs are spaced all along the width of the beach..
Also during the high tides there is not enough sand depth to enjoy like say Wrightsville beach in Wilmington, you have about 20 feet of sand at the most which is not much…
Overall we enjoyed our stay but the rooms are old, the check in staff at front desk definitely needed attitude adjustment and the bathrooms needs to have an exhaust.. The doors also needs to be repainted as the rust spots are clearly visible..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront hotel, located directly on the beach. Our Myrtle Beach hotel is located just two miles from Myrtle Beach Jetport and minutes from local attractions like Market Common, Broadway at the Beach, Coastal Grande Mall, and Myrtle Beach's new 'Sky Wheel'. Our two-story lobby with pine floors offers beautiful Atlantic Ocean views. Start your day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast(R) and enjoy views of the ocean. If you're on the go, be sure to grab one of our Hampton's On the Run(R) Breakfast Bags, available Monday through Friday. Enjoy a gourmet blend of coffee available every day, all day. Sunbathe and swim in one of our two lazy rivers, three outdoor and four indoor pools at our Myrtle Beach oceanfront hotel. Our beachfront playground is great for the little ones in your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront
- Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn