“Great Location Again”

Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #7 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Located right off of I-39 & why 29. Again everything one would expect of a Hilton Hampton Inn. Numerous choices for dining all within walking distance. Would highly recommend staying at this location for leisure or business needs. Check out the Great Dane for dining nearby. Lots of good personalities there.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Very clean. Friendly staff. Great beach and pool area. We came without reservations because of a layover on business. They tried hard to find us oceanfront rooms three out of our four-day stay. We had to move a few times, but it was Worth It! I left my phone charger and the maid delivered it to me! We will come back next year.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Our first time in Myrtle Beach SC. We stayed here 07/21/14- 07/26/14. The hotel was clean, staff friendly and right on the beach. The short walk to the water was my favorite thing about this vacation. I don't like to walk miles of sand to get to the water or back to the hotel. This hotel is right there. Beautiful views. We had a side view balcony and we loved being on it watching the ocean. The free breakfast was nice- the waffles were amazing! My only 2 issues were the super hard mattresses and lack of drawers. One of the queen beds was less hard but still uncomfortable. I felt like I was sleeping on the floor and thought about going down to the common area for some comfort but ended up getting up early and slept for a bit in a rocker on the balcony. I love to listen to the ocean. On a positive note they were new and in pristine condition- that made me happy b/c I am a big clean freak. The TV stand held 3 small drawers. This and the closet were not enough space for all three of our clothing. We had to leave some in the suit cases and some piled on a chair. Neither issue will prevent us from returning. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you can't get an ocean front balcony view then get the side view balcony. You won't be di...
1  Thank BARBARA B
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I booked a "penthouse" room on the 14th floor. Came back to my room and found cockroaches. I went downstairs to notify someone and the woman at the desk simply shrugged her shoulders and told me "We spray for them. Maybe I can find you some bug spray." There is never just one roach. Ive never been so disgusted by a hotel in all my life. I will never return and advise to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank jillyc123
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed July 27th through 30th. My family of 4 have stayed here 3 summers in a row and we see no reason there won't be a 4th. The hotel common areas, room, and pool area were clean and nicely decorated as always. We stayed in the side ocean view room w/ 2 beds in the North tower. 1st time in the North tower and we all thought the room and bathroom were a bit larger than the South tower but it could have been our imaginations. The room was clean and we were well taken care of by the cleaning service each day. The breakfast was good with 1 complaint. They had potatoes all 3 days and they were just not good in our opinion but everything else was great. The only real problem we have is that the fabric chairs in the breakfast area in front of the TVs are disgusting and need to be replaced. They were the same last year and we hoped it had been addressed, but not. Understand the number of people and kids that come through so we will stay here again, my wife and kids wouldn't let me go anywhere else anyway. Thanks to the hotel staff again for a great experience for our vacation at the beach.

Room Tip: Side ocean view rooms are a great value.
1  Thank M M
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel is a beachfront property in southerly Myrtle Beach. We only went for 2 nights so we didnt want to pay an arm and leg at another resort. That being said, this is a very average property for $299/night. The queen bed rooms are on the small side. We had an ocean front room, but there were only 2 rocking chairs on the balcony, so we could not sit out as a family (2 parents/2 children ages 11 & 9). You can walk right out to the beach through the pool area. We used the beach one morning, then went up to the pool around noon. Don't let the hotel's website fool you - there are 2 lazy rivers, each of which you can loop in an innertube in about 3 minutes. There are also another 4 "outdoor" pools - one of which is truly outdoors and goes to a 5' depth. The other outdoor pool is a splash pool of zero depth. Then under the building, but exposed to the elements are more small pools. They do not get sun. There is a zero depth lazy river, which can be circumnavigated in 2 mintues, and 2 more small pools. There are also 2 jacuzzis under the building. My kids were bored very, very fast.
There is breakfast in the mornings at the hotel. There are 2 serving areas to accomodate 2 13 story towers. The serving area would be great at a standard Hampton Inn, but not for this many rooms. There was generally no seating and it made utilizing the free breakfast challenging.
The room was clean overall, but there was no wow factor.

4  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed here on a business Trip a long time(past September 2013) and had a good time, the staff was nice and friendly and the beachfront hotel was nice. Although I wan only there 2 days Myrtle Beach was a fun town and would like to go back again but next time just on Vacation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business