“Great mini vacation!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #6 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed February 11, 2014

1st time that my boyfriend and I been to Myrtle Beach. We didn't know what to expect upon arrival but what a lovely surprise when we got there, the staff received us with the biggest smile ever, rooms were clean, hose keeping service was excellent, the view from our balcony...all in all BEST TIME EVER!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Olga R
Write a ReviewReviews (3,000)

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Excellent hotel. Would definitely stay again. Had oceanfront room, but accidentally got put in ocean view. When I called the front desk was told that's the only room I can get with my discount code, despite having a confirmation for ocean front. The ocean view is just that. Stick your head out far enough and you'll get a VIEW of the ocean. May as well opt for a standard room. Anyway, after stewing for a few minutes, I called back and pressed the issue at which time they realized they had made a mistake and put me in to the ocean view room I had booked. Of course, had I not pressed the issue, I wonder what would have happened.

Anyway, from there we were happy with the facility and accommodations with two exceptions. One, the woman handling breakfast simply could not keep up with the breakfast crowd (and we were there off season), so had to ask for several basics such as fruit and milk. Second, my wife and I went out to enjoy the ocean view on the balcony only to be smacked in the face by cigarette smoke every time we went out there, which certainly killed the enjoyment. We couldn't locate which balcony it was coming from and I understand it's not the hotel's fault, but it really stunk. If it wasn't for those issues I would have ranked higher.

Room Tip: Avoid ocean view. Either go for ocean front or just get a std room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank LS1971
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Great Hotel but needs to maintain the Fitness Facility a little better or more consistently.. Some of the machines work properly and some do not. The Hotel did improve on the sanitation towels to clean the machines before and after use.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank juliamN5019TC
Reviewed February 5, 2014

My husband and I went here for our 15th anniversary and we had a great time. Every evening, we would look out at the ocean and go to the beach in the afternoon. We would wake up early to swim and the beach was peaceful at those hours so it is worth it to wake early to swim. If you go to this resort, get an ocean view and when the sun sets, look out your balcony and bring a camera!

Room Tip: Get an ocean view! If you don't then go to the beach at sunset to get an amazing view!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Grace A
Reviewed February 5, 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in August 2013 for a few nights while exploring Myrtle Beach. The rooms were spacious, clean and well appointed (think nautical theme). The hotel was steps away from the beach and offered two swimming pools as well as an outdoor whirlpool. The staff and concierge had great suggestions for nightlife and restaurants (although we must admit that we used tripadvisor and yelp quite a bit as well). The concierge was also helpful in booking tee times at local courses but could have been more knowledgeable about recommending good golf courses. A tip for enjoying the beach: bring your own towels, chairs and umbrellas! All of the chairs and umbrellas located on the beach are maintained and rented out by the private life guards on duty and are expensive and difficult to book. Beachgoers reserve the chairs for days at a time and if the chair is reserved you're not allowed to use it, even if it's not being used at the time. It can be difficult to find a space on the beach with all the rented chairs blocking the views!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Melissa M
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I really love the decorations as well as the quality of this hotel. The beds could stand to be upgraded in my opinion and I would suggest more pillows for the king sized beds but the staff is extremely helpful and kind. I would love to visit the hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before and we enjoyed it both times. It's located right on the ocean and the sunrise is magnificent. In addition to the location, the friendliness and service of the staff at the front desk and the ladies serving the breakfast was wonderful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business