“work and play”

Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #7 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Nice place to relax and unwind after a hard days work.I would recomend the hot tub,the intertube provides for nice relaxing pool experience.I also enjoy my oceanfront room and being able to overlook the ocean while having breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights, while on business.

The location is surreal, right on the oceanfront. There couldn't be a better location in Myrtle Beach. Most hotels on the oceanfront i checked, i checked were mostly unknown brands and therefore I chose this one, as it was from the Hilton group. And I sure chose the best one.

Out of oversight, while making the booking I forgot to book the oceanfront room, so when they checked me in, I was disappointed. I was actually ready to pay the extra bucks for the ocean-front room, so when I went down to the front-desk, they upgraded me to an ocean-front one, at no extra cost. That was like WOW.....

The rooms are nice, the beds comfortable and the staff adds the rest of the stars to this property.

Will surely stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay ONLY in the ocean-front rooms, even if you have to pay a little more. It is sure worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Shreyance
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We took our family vacation last July of 2013 and decided to stay here. We chose well. The staff was very friendly, and helpful. It was very convenient to everything we needed (within 5-15 minutes); therefore, we really enjoyed that portion of the vacation. The hotel was clean, and our room was clean with the exception of behind the bathroom door. There was hair (maybe from others blow drying their hair) along that portion of the wall right behind the door ; therefore, it'll be nice if the staff can remember to check there as well when cleaning the room for the next family. I know mistakes do happen though. The only other portion of the stay that I didn't care for was the fact that it was hard to communicate with the kitchen/breakfast area staff because of language barriers, but it didn't make the stay terrible. We still had a very good time and the hotel was overall a good choice!

Room Tip: Rooms up higher usually take longer to get an elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mom114
Reviewed February 1, 2014

In just a few words,,,AWESOME!
My husband and I were celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary and decided to come back to the Hampton Inn oceanfront. It was everything we remembered and more. I imagine this place will remain our first choice whenever visiting Myrtle Bch, SC. Every positive review you read, is true. This place is truly the best.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BaleScales
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful this hotel was. Being on the beach was breathtaking. The fitness center overlooked the beach and ocean. The hot tubs were oversized! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Mrytle Beach area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Judy M
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Very nice hotel with a very friendly staff. The off season rates are great and the views are wonderful. Nice heated indoor pool and hot tub and the kids used it a lot. Great breakfast! and the dining area is very attractive with the fireplace going it was quite homey.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Patricia V
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Nice Property...reminds me of Hampton Inn in Pensacola along the beach. The staff is very professional and helpful. The indoor pools are nice. The breakfast is the usual spread. I was upgraded to a beach front suite on the 12th floor very nice. The two issues I have is 1). People park in the registration parking which means you have to illegally park or drag your luggage several parking floors down to the hotel lobby. There are many doors to this property but only the lobby doors are open 24/7. They need to regulate the registration parking area. 2). Given the location of this property and the nature of this city, I expected more knowledge of the staff on making good solid recommendations on places to eat, places to shop and sight seeing items. I.E. What do your guest like or what is popular with your guest? Can you tell me which Thai place has better reviews...what do you recommend? What is the top three or top five sights/venues/ Photo Opportunities in the area. I could not get any solid advice..in fact the staff were at odds/differences between piers and even how to get to point A or point B. The only good advice I got was to go the Gardens and huge complex called Boardwalk at the Beach. As long as you have a plan to get to the lobby door and you do your research on what you want to do when you get to the hotel everything will be perfect. I highly recommend eating breakfast outside around 830/900 Am in the Winter/Spring....the sun will warm you up and the view and air is so fresh! Note: This property is a little tired/worn/old I'm looking forward to hearing about future updates/remodeling. It is worth the stay just need to manage your expectations.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple