“First stay in Myrtle Beach in years”

Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #6 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
WV
“First stay in Myrtle Beach in years”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice location, great view, good parking, 2 bedroom suite was good for family of 4. Excellent selection of pools, easy on and off beach access. Staff was very complementary...free breakfast was good...fruit, cereal, waffle, bagals, eggs, etc... nice fitness center...little small, got what i needed to do...so not a big deal.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank bigd4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (622)
  • Arabic first
new york
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Excellent hotel. Clean, great location. Oceanview room was roomy and nice. Ratings here for this hotel fit. We stayed for 4 nights, parking was available and easy. Laundry machines on every other floor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank lasophis
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed a week. When I called to make reservations the desk staff was so helpful in choosing the right room. When we arrived, I made sure to find out who I talked with and wrote a nice complement to management. The stay was everything we had hoped for in our first stay in Myrtle Beach. Beach front, pools, lazy river all wonderful. As usual, breakfast included. 2 dining areas with very little waiting in line for food. Will stay there again when we revisit the area.

Room Tip: Make sure you talk to staff before booking so as not to get a room that faces into the other tower a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Medina, Ohio, United States
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I wrote "Disappointed so far" early in our stay last year but truth is, it was overall nice enough to return and I'm so glad we did. This visit was perfect in every way. No bulkhead obstructing the bunk beds this year, much to the delight of my kids and we were on the 12th floor this time (we arrived earlier this year plus I called to make sure they knew we wanted a higher floor). The 2 bed/2bath suite had PLENTY of space for the overload of stuff we five always manage to bring to the beach. Loved the balcony and rocking chairs, loved the comfy and clean living room furniture, and loved the kitchenette where we brought the buffet breakfast back to our room to eat. We slept in the most CLEAN and COMFORTABLE BEDS (heavenly mattress, softest sheets, just-right comforter and lots of perfect pillows). The kids were thrilled with three big screen TVs in each bedroom as well as the living room. The entire hotel was IMMACULATE - elevators, lobby, hallways, parking garage, pool area, carpet, tile, drawers, corners of every room and closet, kitchenette and bathrooms. I even loved the hallway walking to our room - it smelled so FRESH and looked so cheery with the nautical print carpet. The hotel lobby gets so much sunlight, and it's very spacious. Breakfast has plenty of choices and is constantly restocked. I loved that I could get hot tea in the lobby any time I wanted and my favorite - Bigelow's Lemon Lift - was always in stock! Loved the pool area! My youngest lived in and loved the kiddie pool; there are several pools indoor and out, lazy river and regular to enjoy and none were overly crowded at any time. Likewise we could always find a chaise lounge or chair to sit in. My oldest son enjoyed napping in the hammock outside and the other two enjoyed the playground. And oh yes, we were ON the beach obviously. I even like that this year, when you re-enter the pool area from the beach, they attached a spray hose with a trigger to better direct the water to wash the sand off your legs and feet. Finally, the garage is attached to hotel, easy to get in and out of, and we had no problem finding a parking space. I even booked a deep tissue massage at the onsite Sanctuary Spa - let me tell you, Lenora knows her stuff - and I liked how she opened the balcony door so I could hear the ocean. Did I mention Grouper Gang? We could sign the kids up for group activities at different points during the week and they had a ball, making new friends. I truly love this place and we want to come back. Frankly, we didn't want to leave. Thank you, Hampton. Our week-long stay was fantastic.

4 Thank silonda
USA
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Been here several times, and was pleased to have a great stay again. Onsite breakfast was good, especially the turkey sausage links, and the only complaint on it is that they don't serve Starbucks coffee like they used to. The staff was efficient and friendly. Clean, quiet rooms & clean outdoor pool areas.

6 Thank visitin
Prince George, Virginia, Usa
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Normal Hampton quality and value make this hotel a great choice right on the beach with plenty of pools and chairs and hammocks to enjoy them. This property is not on the Boardwalk, but it offers so many amenities, it really did not matter.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

3 Thank JudithS129
Wheeling, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Clean, safe, quiet, nice decor, great room, excellent staff. Great for my elderly mother and kids as well. I would stay here again without any question.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton