“Great family weekend!”

Ranked #6 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Elon, North Carolina
“Great family weekend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was our first visit to Myrtle Beach with our 3 year old. We had a 2 queen ocean front room. The rooms are VERY clean.The hotel itself is immaculate. We commented several times how clean it was for a hotel right on the beach. The decor of the lobby and breakfast area is very nice. Breakfast was awesome - many choices and great dining area. The on-site parking garage was also very convenient. Pools were excellent and the beach location can't be beat. There is a little pool bar with food on-site - food was good and felt the prices were reasonable - only open until around 4pm. We didn't realize there was a fridge in our room - huge plus for making your own lunch. Although there's no additional restaurants on-site, there are a ton of options just minutes away. Also, just a short drive to Broadway on the Beach. Lots of restaurant choices and fun things for the kids to do. I think the only thing we would change is that the bathroom was small and dated. Highly recommend to families!

1 Thank RKE822

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Arabic first
Washington Court House, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was traveling to Myrtle Beach for the first time and had no clue where to stay...so i came to Trip Advisor for some help. Hampton Inn Oceanfront was rated #1 so I booked our stay. The setting was beautiful, the rooms were clean, the staff was great. The location is few blocks away from the shops and entertainment which is a hindrance to any teenagers traveling with you...but if that's not a concern...this is your place. Of course, you can just drive them down there:) Loved the hotel.

2 Thank CheriSpeak
Centerville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We arrived Sun June 17 at 730 AM after driving all night from Ohio. We were greeted warmly but was told we were a bit early and the room wasn't ready. we knew this just wanted to let them know we're here. The front desk let us use the hotels amenities and even breakfast if we wanted. very nice staff. We got in the room by 2 PM and it's clean and everything we need it to be. We will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed 3 nights. We arrived early (before lunch) and had to hang around until room was ready. We were given a pass to grant us access to parking garage and pool access areas which was nice. I will comment that the ladies at the front desk were quite chatty amongst themselves before they acknowledge my presence.

Room was nice. 2 bedroom, 1 bath with a kitchen area. A little roomier than I expected!

Housekeeper was very friendly as we just happened to be eating lunch when she was there to clean.

Hotel offers free hot breakfast which was very convenient. Our family mostly stuck with the cereal options, but there were waffles, potatoes, French toast, sausage, eggs, and a slew of bread options.

One downside...I am a very light sleeper, but the bedroom was obviously right next to the bathroom of the room next to us. Every time they flushed the toilet or turned the faucet on at the sink, it woke me up. This wasn't just once during our stay, it was at least 3 times each night. A little frustrating for this gal.

Overall, the hotel was nice! Would definitely recommend.

4 Thank irwleon
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We just got back from 8 days in Myrtle Beach and stayed in the Hampton Inn Oceanfront. It really was a terrific vacation. Unlike most beach goers, I wanted rest, quiet and relaxation. I found it all there, with ocean view. The location is great! It is on the Grand Strand on Ocean Blvd, but just a little down the street from all of the hectic busyness. The ocean view rooms while not large were very comfortable and clean thanks to Rhoda our daily room attendant, who left us great friendly messages. The staff is great, friendly, helpful and really added to our sense of comfort.

Free WIFI is a plus and breakfast was helpful and meant that we stayed in longer. The free parking was covered and attached to the hotel, and we needed our key to get into the building which I liked as a great safety feature.

While there was no restaurant on site, several options were close by and of course delivery always works.

What really impressed me was the owners Christian belief which was evident but not "in your face". While there we were so excited that our family would also enjoy the space so we are planning our family reunion for next year at Hampton Inn Ocean front.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great ocean views and we left our door and curtains opened to get the full view a...
3 Thank willtravel2011
Nashville TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We selected this hotel based on the many good Tripadvisor reviews. I'm a Hilton
Honors member and travel often on business so am familiar with Hampton Inns. I booked on the hotel's website, selected the King Oceanfront suite and prepaid, getting a nominal discount on the room. Big mistake! When we checked in on Sunday evening, we were given a suite on a lower floor. I asked for a higher floor and was told there weren't any available. When we went to our room, the view was of the pool area and the vacant lot next door. I went back to the front desk and was told that they could not move us, that there were no other rooms available for then entire length of our stay (Sun -Thurs) in this enormous two tower hotel. I'm told by others in the industry that it is common practice to palm off less desirable rooms on those that pre-pay - but this was pretty blatant. I believe the hotel should disclose the terms on their website.

Other than this, the hotel was clean, has a nice pool area and a decent spa - typical Hampton Inn breakfast.

Room Tip: I would not choose a king suite at all - oceanfront rooms are probably pleasant, but would definitel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Phonia337
rosslindsa, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that you were not pleased with the view from your one bedroom suite. We have 12 room types, and the one bedroom suite is our largest and most popular accommodation. We only have 16 of the one bedroom suites out of 227 rooms, and all of them are located on the lower floors, so it would have been impossible to move you to a higher floor if even it weren't peak season. Please come again and request a two bedroom two bath suite or a regular king room. These are located on the 5th to the 14th floors. Also, we plan to start construction on a third tower soon, and it will have one bedroom suites on the upper floors. We listen to your feedback! Buddy Lindsay Co-Owner
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Let me start off my first of all saying that Hampton Inns are in my opinion the best hotels in quality and service of any hotel that I have stayed at. The staff are very friendly and professional and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

The Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort in Myrtle Beach most diffinitly follows the high standards. One of this hotels big pluses are the parking garage which you enter from the street in front but attached to the hotel. This to me was not only a great conveince, it also gave me peace of mind that my brand new Chrysler Town and Country Limited mini van was safe from the weather and potential break in.

I have never been disappointed by this hotel chain and I am very glad to say that this remain true after this stay. I would stay with them again if I get back to this area.

Room Tip: Come and have fun !!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple