“Thank Goodness for this Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
STOP CLICKING AROUND
Ranked #5 of 218 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charleston, South Carolina
“Thank Goodness for this Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

After checking into another hotel less than a mile away which was filthy, we quickly checked out and found this Hampton Inn. Thank goodness, as it looks like the only hotel in that area that's both safe and clean. Everything was wonderful, and our entire family had a terrific stay. We'll definitely be back as long as the Hampton Inn is open -- if you value safety and cleanliness, don't bother trying any other hotel on the Strand.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CharlestonMama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
  • Arabic first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Terrific first stay here. It is an excellent hotel. Super clean and beautiful! The beds are comfortable. Like the coffee, tea area. Excellent common areas. Pools look great for warm weather. The staff is very friendly. Parking is convenient and free. The views are lovely!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ugadog99
Benton, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I travel all over the US on business and always try to stay at a Hampton Inn. The was an exceptionally clean, well laid out and great location on the beach. The staff was extremely curteous and rooms were sparkling clean. I had a great off season rate of under 100.00 per night, however I would rate this hotel with those that charge 300.00+ per night. I would highly recommend this Hampton to anyone traveling to the Myrtle Beach area...

Room Tip: Beautiful view of the ocean..
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Scott I
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Wow! Great hotel with Great service! The breakfast was amazing! Great location any time of year. My family really enjoyed the fact that the hotel wasn't busy at all. Pool was indoor and the kids love that especially since it was 55 degrees outside. Don't pass this gem up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bellamommy105
On the Go
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have never stayed at the HI&S Oceanfront in the summer, but I can say it is definitely worth the trip in the off-season. With great rates, amenities, and one of the greatest east coast views (the ocean) it is hard to beat. All rooms except maybe a few face the beautiful Atlantic Ocean. There are, I want to say, nine pools and whirlpools - a few kid friendly ones. In the winter they make a lot of these pool areas indoor so they are even more enjoyable. The lobby is breath-taking - huge windows looking out onto the beach. The staff was more than friendly! I cant remember names exactly but I can't find a thing to complain about in regards to staff or facility. There is meeting space too - a few groups were there while I stayed on my business and pleasure trip.

Room Tip: The north and south tower both have the same views of the ocean, so no worry there but the north tow...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank CseeitAlL
Owen Sound
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We had a great stay at this hotel. Breakfast delicious. Staff knows how to make us feel welcome, especially Faye & Claude. Thanks Hampton! Beauty of a place. We would stay here again for sure! Beds were so clean and comfy.
Judith

Room Tip: The desk staff helped us to have what we were looking for. North Tower was just fine.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank retired829
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel on a number of occasions, and have always been pretty happy. My stays have all been in winter, as I know the Animal House atmosphere that can develop in a beach property during the high season.
On this occasion (mid-January) I was disappointed by a number of elements of my stay. The hotel was quite full both nights--there seemed to be some kinds of conventions going on. A full house is good for a hotel, and I wish them success, but a full house in January may make demands that this hotel has not planned for. For example, the breakfast area was chaos on one of the mornings, with children running everywhere and messing up the food. All tables were full, and when one became vacant there was no one cleaning it. I had to sit at a table which I cleaned myself. The breakfast food array was not exactly appetizing either--what's with all the sugary stuff? At night, there was constant noise—shouting etc.-- outside my room. I finally got exasperated and called down to Reception at about 3 a.m. To be fair, they sent someone up, but even then the noise did not fully abate. The second night was better in this regard, but still noisy. Again, perhaps because the hotel was full, on one of the mornings there was no hot water in my room for a shower. I found the room I was assigned quite pokey and poor value—two big beds made it very hard to maneuver around and get to the closet for example. Our two medium-sized bags didn't fit anywhere. I know they have some pretty rooms, but this was the worst room I have ever been given in that hotel. This even though I'm Hilton Honors and a return customer. And while drying my hair on the second morning the hairdryer exploded in my hand! Maybe I should have made a bigger deal of that, because when I reported it to Reception I received scarcely an expression of concern. There were other issues also, such as the fact that the mouse pads in the hotel Business Room were utterly filthy. (This is actually a common problem in our hotels—hygiene in the public computer areas tends to be very poor, would be interesting to do a germ count. They're never cleaned.). Finally, the hotel is very badly signposted as regards In/Out, parking levels etc. The hotel is composed of two towers, which are joined at ground floor and second story. But from there on up they are quite separate. If your room is on the Tenth Floor North, you’re making a big mistake if you take elevator to Tenth Floor South. Several people were confused about this. Same with Entry and Way Out, Up and Down for the multi-level car park. If you work in the hotel I’m sure it’s all very clear, but if you arrive for the first time and park at night, maybe with children, the whole thing is a mess and utterly inadequately signed. Indeed if you arrive and park on the Second or Third Floor of the lot you can’t get into the hotel from there since you haven’t registered yet! The hotel needs to take these things more seriously—relying on beach location will be fine in the High Season but it is inadequate customer service in January.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
7 Thank Jo D
Gorm123, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
I appreciate your loyalty to us and value your feedback as a frequent visitor. I'm sorry that you experienced some discomfort with other guests and we are working with our team to ensure we're more vigilant in crowd control during breakfast hours. I'm also very sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident you had with one of our hairdryers and appreciate that you alerted us to the issue. We never want guests to receive a poor level of service and can assure you this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues and your other concerns with our staff and hope you come back for an improved level of customer service. Please direct message me your contact information so I can speak with you and help make things right.

Andrew Gorman