“Happy holiday getaway”

Ranked #5 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Happy holiday getaway”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Great stay over Xmas. Requested a higher floor at check in for better view. Was thrilled to be upgraded to a 2 bdrm oceanfront suite on the 9th floor of the north tower. Our room was absolutely wonderful and clean! Slept with the glass door cracked open to hear the ocean and woke up to watch the sunrise. Also, loved the 24-hr coffee. Choose to stay at the Hampton Inn O/F b/c of tripadvisor reviews and was very happy that we did!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view! Stayed in 968 2 bdrm oceanfront -wonderful room.
1 Thank Virginia S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
  • Arabic first
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I decided to spend Christmas in Myrtle Beach and we normally have good luck at Hampton.
This one did not disappoint. We had an oceanfront rooms with a balcony. It was clean and the bed was great.
Breakfast was provided. It was not as good as many we have had at Hamptons but it was fine.
We visited when it was not high season so things were pretty quiet which was nice.
We would return

Room Tip: I would only stay here if I could get an oceanfront room
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had an excellent time. Hotel was clean, room was clean. The staff was friendly. We started out staying one night and decided to stay two. The beds are very comfortable, the jetted tub was relaxing. Will stay again and bring the family next time.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Booked for one night and stayed three days! Would like to say the staff at this hotel deserve a huge thank you for being friendly, responsive and professional with excellent customer service. Our room was great, comfortable beds, clean and spacious, quiet. Standard Hampton Inn amenities including free breakfast and parking. Staff and maintenance staff always working, cleaning around property. Location is perfect, steps to the beach and a short walk to shops. Two indoor heated pools and 3 outdoor pools which include a toddler play area and small lazy river. This hotel also offers Spa service and has many common areas to sit and relax outside of your room. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Maryland
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Very clean and excellent location hotel. We stay here every year that we have gone down to myrtle beach. Friendly staff and excellent breakfast that is included in your price. Stayed in the two bedroom suite and it nice and roomy. I have a family of four. My biggest pet peeve when staying in a hotel is how clean it is. Hampton Inn is very clean and I will continue to stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Let me first say that i spend about 45 weeks per year in hotels. 99% in Hilton branded properties. I am big fan of the Hampton brand as a whole. Hampton Inns are very good with delivering exactly what you pay for which is the reason I like them so much. Very business traveler oriented with clean and trusted brand standards. There are several Hilton properties in the Myrtle Beach area but based on the excellent TripAdvisor reviews as well as the property Managers/Owners responding to comments on TripAdvisor, I chose this property over an Embassy Suites for this non-business trip. Let me tell you that this was such a great decision!!!!! As a Hilton Diamond member, I was upgraded at check in. Since it is off season, I asked if there were any additional upgrades and the Manager Andrew delivered!! Not something I expected before arriving but it was certainly appreciated based on my brand loyalty to Hilton.
My room on the 14th floor didn't feel like a typical Hampton. It was very "beachy" as it was decorated to fit into the beach/coast area very well. At the same time, in the right way, you will see the typical Hampton touches where it matters. (i.e. bed, clock, etc) EVERY employee was outstanding! Everyone from the housekeeping staff to the front desk staff were perfect examples of "Hamptonality". Before heading to dinner on my last night, I had the pleasure of speaking to 3 outstanding members of the front desk staff. They once again confirmed that this property understands what true customer service really is. THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN BY ACCIDENT!! Kudos to the Owners/Management!!!
Did I mention the great location on the beach?
Thanks for a great stay in Myrtle Beach!! Of all the Hilton properties I stay at every year, it is not every day I recommend a property but this Hampton deserves it!

Room Tip: Book an Oceanview room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Sydfloyd44
Mass., USA
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here with my wife in late November, 2012. I LOVE THIS HOTEL and am starting to really love Hampton Inn as a brand. Checkin was efficient and quick. Hotel staff were always friendly. Bed was incredibly comfortable. Extra pillows were a nice touch. This hotel is located right on the beach south of the Boardwalk. Nice balcony with great beach and ocean views. Balcony is also very conveniently set up so it blocks the wind when its windy so you can sit in the sun and still be warm. You can watch the sunrise from your balcony of the breakfast dining room or the gym.
Nice bathroom, good pressure in shower. Desk could use power strip on top of desk so guests do not have to climb under the desk to plug in. clock radio, flat screen TV, iron and ironing board in room. Rack to keep you suitcase off the floor. Hotel was VERY clean throughout from the pools to the hallways to the breakfast area to the rooms.
Was able to walk to the Boardwalk from the hotel.
Breakfast is a real treat and staff bends over backwards to be sure guests get anything they want.
Fresh fruit daily, oatmeal with cinnamon, almonds and other toppings, eggs, bacon or ham, waffles, milk, juice, coffee, tea, danish, breads and muffins and on and on.
The gym is not huge but it has 2 treadmills, one elliptical, a bike, a weight machine. The cleansing wipes to wipe down the machines after use is a GREAT touch I wish my gym at home would adopt. Water and cups available in the gym as is a large screen TV and remote. You can also view the beach from the gym - very nice!
This hotel gets an A+++ Stay here and you won't be dissatisfied. We we considering staying at the Marriott (beachfront at the Dunes), but that is away from everything and charges extra for internet, parking, breakfast - all of which are complimentary at Hampton Inn. It adds up especially if you are stay more than day or two.
We did have trouble at one point with our swipe card opening the door. I informed front desk and almost instantaneously the service man was there and changed the batteries in the door lock and the problem was resolved.

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront room with a balcony overlooking the ocean and the beach! I usually ask for room a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Daniel S
rosslindsa, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for staying at our hotel, and thank you for your wonderful review. I did want to respond to your comment about the lack of "plugs" in the room. Hampton is requiring all of its hotels to add "cubes" to every room. Early next year, our hotel, like all Hamptons, will install a "cube" that contains four accessible outlets plus USB recharging outlets for phones and IPADs in every room. Ours arrived this week and will be installed soon. Please come again. The beach and the sunrises are spectacular during the winter months because there is no humidity, and the rates are half of our peak season rates. Thank you again.

Buddy Lindsay, Co-Owner