3,200 results
All reviewsrocking chairsbunk bedsbath suitethe breakfast arealazy riversfree breakfastnorth toweryogurthot breakfastpool areaoverlooking the oceancommon areasevery morningoceanfront roomparking garageoff seasoneasy access to the beach
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We just returned from a weekend visit to Myrtle Beach. Our daughter is in college in the area, so we thought that staying on the beach would be a nice option. Although the college was a quite a ride from the hotel, we did agree that the hotel was worth the trip. We checked in late and the night manager was on hand to greet us. The room was extremely clean and had a very nice clean smell to it. The few was fantastic. When we woke in the morning we joined the crowds at the breakfast buffet. Though there were a huge amount of people, there was plenty of food and lots of choices (waffles, hot/cold cereals, bacon, sausage, breads & pastries, etc). We spent the day by the pools - and my younger daughter had a blast. We counted 9 pools and a few of them were rafting pools - lots of fun. The beach is lovely, however, if you want to rent an umbrella/chairs be prepared to dish out $30. It's not a service of the hotel, rather a vendor on the beach handles the service.

As for the area, it's quite seedy and a bit run down, but we really didn't spend any time on the stirp where the hotel is located. Our advise is to not leave the hotel or beach area. I'd be a bit afraid to walk around on the street side at night.

As for Myrtle Beach, it's jammed with traffic. If you like lots of "touristy" joints and souvenier shops - Myrtle Beach is for you. We did take a few trips off the strip and we really enjoyed the Market Commons and the restaurants there. Stay away from Damon's on the strip - YUK. Looked pretty as it's on the beach, but I could hardly eat the food - and I'm not fussy.

All in all, loved the hotel, the staff, the pools and beach area - but think Myrtle Beach is a bit run down - at least the parts that we saw.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room -- definately worth the extra $$$.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank donnakat
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Needed some R&R with the family and must say that I was please overall with my stay.
The room was tight for three people, two adults and one child, but we made it work. I suggest two rooms if you are traveling with children. The room I stayed in was not large enough for an entire family to stay in plush comfort as one should on vacation, nevertheless my son had a blast in the pools and beach. Breakfast was good and the hotel overall is clean. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Get two rooms if you have kids....
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TLVC
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay at the Hampton Inn Oceanfront. We requested a different room and Andrew Gorman front office manager was very helpful... The hotel is in a great location and it is one of the nicest Hampton Inns we have stayed in.. Thanks for helping to make this a great vacation. ___

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Dannyandpam
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

clean rooms, nice breakfast areas,hardwood floors in main areas, beautiful hotel! The people running the front desk were all top notch. Very friendly, professional and eager to help. I'll definitely go Back here.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Skysis
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Clean and well maintained. The pools are kinda small but clean. The lazy river is also small. Nice breeze off the ocean and the staff is very polite. I would recommend this hotel. But get the ocean view or a side room. The view of the ocean and the awesome moon rising at nice is breathtaking

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple