Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #7 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 23, 2011

First of all, I want to preface this by saying that I do prefer to stay at Hilton properties and normally I am impressed with the facilities. This hotel is not up to par for hilton standards. I read the glowing reviews and I thought it was a sure thing. When I got there, the room was small and somewhat dirty. I understand stuff gets missed when they are trying to clean an entire hotel in a few hours but come on, do a good deep cleaning now and then. The room I was put in was right next to a water heater (or something...) for the entire floor and every time someone turned on a spicket in the hotel I heard a loud noise which woke me up followed by a crashing noise. I am not kidding. I had a great view of the heating and air conditioning units on the ajacent building roof. Every time we went out I was taunted by signs along the boulevard "walk in special oceanfront $59 we have vacancy!" at big nice resorts along the strip. Big hotels with bowling alleys, multiple pools and water parks on site, just rows and rows of nice looking hotels for half of what we paid to stay at the hampton.

This place is NOT it in myrtle beach. especially for the price, i expected better. It is similiar to a best western because of the high traffic, and the "breakfast" was not satisfactory either. I normally enjoy free hotel breakfasts but this one was skimpy and ALL CARBS. Cereal, muffin, french toast sticks, bagal and that was about it... ever heard of meat, eggs, etc? apparently not here. obviously they want to fill you up on carbs so you don't eat too much.

all in all, I did not envoke their "satisfaction guarentee" because I didn't want the hassle of dealing with the manager. We had to call three times to get a crib to the room and literally hold the baby in the room for HOURS... every time we called down they would again say "be right up..." we even went and had dinner and came back and still no crib... it was almost night time before the baby had a place to sleep. Oh and the housekeeper busted in on my wife while she was in bed. (that was kind of funny)

Also this hotel offers NO RESTAURANT on site or within reasonable walking distance for dinner, and there is no where in the hotel to grab a drink or a BEER. I realize it's a family place but come on... ever heard of a fruity drink while on vacation? This is definately not a resort by any stretch of the word. Oh and parking lot spaces are a pain to get in and out of.

Room Tip: Don't book here, go to Myrtle and drive down the strip for the best deal, check the room before...
15  Thank John T
Write a ReviewReviews (3,002)

Reviewed August 23, 2011

We loved our stay at this hotel. For $190/night we got a 2 Queen Bed Oceanview room on the 12th floor. Opt for the oceanview- the balcony was one of our favorite parts of our stay. The front desk staff was enthusiastic and super friendly. Thanks so much for the great recommendations for the Charcoal Grill (when we arrived late in the evening) and most especially the Drunken Jack for seafood (some of the best we've ever had!). We went to the Carolina Opry with our family with older teenagers and we all had a great time! The beach was reasonably crowded, but manageable, and very clean. We went kayaking and paddle boarding, deep sea fishing and paragliding. Wish we didn't live 2000 miles away- would love to go every year!

Room Tip: We requested a high floor, oceanview.
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is the second year that my Parents and I come to this Beach Front Hotel. The place is very clean and right on the Beach. We had connecting rooms and that made it great at Happy hour time. My Mother did forget 3 of her bathing suits in her room worth over $300 and Pam at the lost and found / room service was nice enough to ship them back to my Mom in Quebec Canada. She is hoping to get them in the next few days.

All in all, it's a great place to stay with friends and family. The complementary breakfast was also very nice to have every morning. I am hoping that we can plan this trip again in 2012.

Nathalie From Greensboro NC

Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed over the weekend of August 19-21. We arrived early in the morning and the room was not ready so they gave us a key card so we could access the ammenities in the meanwhile. They took our cell number to call us when the room was ready. this was nice and the front desk staff were all polite. The room was ready at 11:30 am and they called us as promised. We stayed in a 2br 2th suite and it was very nice, clean had a beautiful view of the ocean. The pool, lazy river and ocean access area was very nice. Only complaint was no bathroom near pool area which if you have young children, its not easy to get them upstairs in time. The front desk did explain that it is because of hurracaine building restrictions. Breakfast was good the first day...french toast sticks/sausage...the next morning not so good...eggs and no meat. The breakfast asrea was crowded and hard to find a table to eat on. We enjoyed our stay very much. The room, staff, ammenities, beds, view were all tremendous and we will be going there again. The rates were a bit high...$332 a night...but again that is for a 2br 2bth because we have 3 children. We had a blast and looking foward to our next trip there.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

The Hampton Inn Oceanfront was an outstanding hotel! It was very very clean. The staff was really nice! They did every thing they could just to make you happy. The view is great of the ocean. Breakfast is very good...does get crowded but that's just something you would have to deal with. They have fresh cookies every day at 4. The lazy rivers are nice and relaxing and the hot tubs are a good size. Pools are fun. The beds are really comfortable and rooms are nice. This is just a GREAT hotel! I don't have one complaint! It's clean, and beautiful! It's the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in! and I am a hilton kinda girl! This is really surprising for a Hampton Inn, Hampton Inns are good but this is fantastic! I LOVE THIS HOTEL! I will defiantly be back!!!

Reviewed August 20, 2011

The room (two queens bed) oceanfront was in very good condition, air conditionning a little bit noisy (not too much), and the refrigerator was smaller than I tought but enough for beverage. The breakfast was below of my expectation. Not enough diversity and should have more fruits in the continental breakfast.
The pools, common areas are maintained in really good shape. The beach is wonderful.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

We loved it. The hotel is very clean. Right on the ocean. The lazy river was great. we will be back.