First of all, I want to preface this by saying that I do prefer to stay at Hilton properties and normally I am impressed with the facilities. This hotel is not up to par for hilton standards. I read the glowing reviews and I thought it was a sure thing. When I got there, the room was small and somewhat dirty. I understand stuff gets missed when they are trying to clean an entire hotel in a few hours but come on, do a good deep cleaning now and then. The room I was put in was right next to a water heater (or something...) for the entire floor and every time someone turned on a spicket in the hotel I heard a loud noise which woke me up followed by a crashing noise. I am not kidding. I had a great view of the heating and air conditioning units on the ajacent building roof. Every time we went out I was taunted by signs along the boulevard "walk in special oceanfront $59 we have vacancy!" at big nice resorts along the strip. Big hotels with bowling alleys, multiple pools and water parks on site, just rows and rows of nice looking hotels for half of what we paid to stay at the hampton.
This place is NOT it in myrtle beach. especially for the price, i expected better. It is similiar to a best western because of the high traffic, and the "breakfast" was not satisfactory either. I normally enjoy free hotel breakfasts but this one was skimpy and ALL CARBS. Cereal, muffin, french toast sticks, bagal and that was about it... ever heard of meat, eggs, etc? apparently not here. obviously they want to fill you up on carbs so you don't eat too much.
all in all, I did not envoke their "satisfaction guarentee" because I didn't want the hassle of dealing with the manager. We had to call three times to get a crib to the room and literally hold the baby in the room for HOURS... every time we called down they would again say "be right up..." we even went and had dinner and came back and still no crib... it was almost night time before the baby had a place to sleep. Oh and the housekeeper busted in on my wife while she was in bed. (that was kind of funny)
Also this hotel offers NO RESTAURANT on site or within reasonable walking distance for dinner, and there is no where in the hotel to grab a drink or a BEER. I realize it's a family place but come on... ever heard of a fruity drink while on vacation? This is definately not a resort by any stretch of the word. Oh and parking lot spaces are a pain to get in and out of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront hotel, located directly on the beach. Our Myrtle Beach hotel is located just two miles from Myrtle Beach Jetport and minutes from local attractions like Market Common, Broadway at the Beach, Coastal Grande Mall, and Myrtle Beach's new 'Sky Wheel'. Our two-story lobby with pine floors offers beautiful Atlantic Ocean views. Start your day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast(R) and enjoy views of the ocean. If you're on the go, be sure to grab one of our Hampton's On the Run(R) Breakfast Bags, available Monday through Friday. Enjoy a gourmet blend of coffee available every day, all day. Sunbathe and swim in one of our two lazy rivers, three outdoor and four indoor pools at our Myrtle Beach oceanfront hotel. Our beachfront playground is great for the little ones in your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, Otel, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront
- Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn