“Great Sleep.....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staybridge Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Staybridge Suites
Ranked #67 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Clemmons, North Carolina
“Great Sleep.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Hotel was clean and very comfortable. The noise level of the hotel was very minimal making sleep nice and deep. The breakfast was really good and steadily replenished, The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the surrounding area. Hotel had more amenities than I had expected with a work out room/laundry area, and an outside basketball court. What more could you want? Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
erikreis, General Manager at Staybridge Suites, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear fbarker2,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay in Myrtle Beach at the Sonesta ES. Sounds like you had a great time on your vacation!

Your comments about being clean and very comfortable are great to hear, I am sure it made you feel relaxed. Sounds like you got the most out of our breakfast and had plenty to eat.

Over the next several month we are steadily making updates. I invite you to please try us again whenever you return to Myrtle Beach to see the improvements we are making.

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor and we look forward to future stay and reviews!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Englewood, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Pros:
- they allow dogs for a reasonable fee
- continental breakfast was decent and there was always someone replenishing items
- the exterior grounds were well maintained
- housekeeping responded promptly when asked for towels and sheets.

Cons:
- first day there there was a horrible smell! We told the staff and they sprayed the rooms. It didn't cover the odor at all. We located the odor coming from the kitchen drain and told them again. We finally bought bleach ourselves, poured it down and follow it with hot water for 10 mins. Finally the odor was gone the day before we left.
- the furniture and curtains were very dirty, stained and/or ripped. Update is highly needed.
- housekeeping did not clean the room well; they only did a light touch. They also do not clean on Sundays which is the first time I heard that before.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Thalia D
Dear Thalia D,

Your pros and cons list is something we will review in our next meeting. I apologize that we didn't flush the drain in your room. We should have caught that.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel let me down! our room reeked of cigarette smoke and the carpet was horribly stained!! we told management about the smell and were told that they could only come up and spray. I made a point not to stay at a hotel on the beach because they looked worn and I wanted something clean and comfortable. well, we were deceived by the pics on the hotel site. rooms looked much much older than the picture. I should have taken a chance on a beach front hotel. we were about 5 miles from the boardwalk and the neighborhood around our hotel looked abandoned.

Room Tip: be sure to specify non smoking room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LORA F
Dear Lora F,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I had our family reunion at this hotel and the staff was wonderful. Will stay again. We could not have ask for anything everyone was kind and courteous because other families where there also. I will let others know that our stay was worth the money.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
2 Thank Iris B
Dear Irias B,

Thank you for such a nice response to your recent stay in Myrtle Beach at the Sonesta ES. I am glad you found our hotel to fit your reunion needs.

Thank you for noticing our staff and how friendly they were.

When you plan your next trip to Myrtle Beach I hope you choose us again, in a few months we plan on some updates.

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor and we look forward to future stays and reviews!
Laurinburg, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I traveled with my husband and two boys this past weekend to Myrtle Beach for a basketball tournament. We booked the Sonesta online sight unseen. The website has gorgeous pictures, we booked this hotel based on the suite that was available.
First the pros........
1) the grounds are beautiful- the pool, basketball court and the pond are really nice and there was lots of shade with good outdoor furniture
2) the lobby is really pretty and maintained
3) the free breakfast looked and smelled great, I only had time to grab a banana and a cup of milk so I can't say how the food taste
4) the shopping pantry was convenient
5) there were luggage carts available during check in and check out
6) housekeeping did as we asked, we stayed for two days and we only wanted fresh towels and the trash emptied- our belongings were not touched
7) awesome firework show at the boathouse restaurant just a block away, there is also a free concert at this restaurant during the summer months
8) comfy bed and the linen smelled really clean and laundered, the sleeper sofa was comfy too
9) the outdoor areas closed at 10 pm, this was great because our room was right next to the basketball court..

Now the cons.........
1) over priced for the condition of the rooms- many stains and tears and rips on the furniture and the carpet
2) no roll away beds, which is contrary to the website- with two boys we needed a roll away bed. I had to request more linen, use the cushions from the sleeper and make a place for one of my boys to sleep
3) the mattress on the sleeper sofa was disgusting- I refused to allow my children to sleep on it, I called the front desk and another mattress was brought to the room
4) charges for wi-fi, at a hotel that was almost $300 a night is ridiculous- its only complimentary if you connect 3 devices or less- REALLY!!!
5) Pets are allowed, not a fan- I didn't see this on the website.......
6) the pantry items were extremely overpriced and the ATM fee was too!

7) the biggest con for us was the room layout- only one bathroom that was located in the bedroom and the sink area did not have a door....that was a major privacy issue for us- I would suggest a folding screen, a door or curtains that can tie back - for this reason alone we would not book this hotel again

Location- some may not like it, but we had no problem with the location- it is minutes from Coastal Grand mall and Tangier outlet on 501, there were many restaurants at these shopping locations- we had our car so we didn't mind the location

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Frances M
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

First off let me say dont get fooled by the nice outside look of the hotel or free breakfast, because the rooms are horrible. I will NEVER stay here again nor would I recommend anyone to stay here. They don't even have screens in the windows..This hotel is just horrible they only clean rooms every 7 days, we ask for towels they told us we had to come get them, than there is no sheets on the bed and to top it off there was a lizard in our room. Elevators was dirty,hallway look like it hasn't been swept in months. Not to mention the foul oder the room has, we had to buy air freshener everyday, the furniture in the rooms are old, tore down, and triflon dirty...The carpet in the rooms are horrible and I seen more than 4 rooms the same way, due to my family reunion we had about 10 rooms and they were all the same old,dirty and very outdated...This hotel puts me in the mind frame of a motel.......

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank ashley w
erikreis, General Manager at Staybridge Suites, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Ashley W

I apologize that you feel that our hotel is horrible. I will definitely look into the option of the screens on the windows. Also, I know that we were very busy with high amounts of occupancy while you stayed with us and I am sorry if our elevators and hallways didn't seem as clean as they should have been. With the state of the carpet in the rooms, we are currently shampooing the carpet in all the rooms but we are not finished just yet.

We are steadily making updates as needed and I invite you to please try us again whenever you may return to Myrtle Beach to see the improvements we are making.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Sonesta is an absolutely gorgeous place to stay. We decided to take a last minute trip to MB for July 4th of 2013. It just so happened that a 2 bedroom suite at Sonesta was the cheapest place available.

The rooms are excellent with a little kitchenette, nice sized bedrooms, and the beds were pretty comfortable. Though they do seem a little older, including tube TV's, however rooms are still nice, especially for the price.

The only gripe I did have is having a problem getting checked in. Check-in was at 3 p.m. though our room was not cleaned and ready until 4:30 - 5 p.m.

With that said the manager was nice enough to take a nice amount off our our rate for the inconvenience.

Overall I still do recommend this place and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank Proroc987
erikreis, General Manager at Staybridge Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Proroc987,

Thank you for such a nice response to your recent stay in Myrtle Beach at the Sonesta ES. I am glad you found us for your last minute trip.

With a family the two bedroom does have enough room for everyone.

When you plan your next trip to Myrtle Beach I hope you choose us again, in a few months we plan on some updates including new TV's. Sounds like it was a busy check-in day, sorry we could not get you in any earlier.