“Nice place”

Ranked #62 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Rochester, Michigan
“Nice place”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice clean and comfortable place with an accommodating staff. I would rate it as
a four star hotel which forme is pretty tough to get as I feel my standards are pretty high. We were sent there by spirit airlines who cancelled our flight without replacement until the following morning. Watch the old guy at the front desk early in the morning as our to go breakfast included a rotten apple and raisin pebbles. I would stay there again happily but I would go thru my to go breakfast before I left if that careless grump fixed it. That really pissed me off as that was all we had to eat for 4 hours.

Stayed February 2013
1 Thank rawsco1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
NC
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We got a great rate for the Myrtle Beach Marathon. We ended up getting two separate bedrooms each with its own bathroom, plus the living area and kitchen, for what we'd pay for a regular room at a Hampton Inn. The rate included a full buffet breakfast, with sausage or bacon, eggs, waffles, and all the other standards. Their fresh fruit was actually freshly cut, not just out of a can like at some other "suite" hotels.
The neighborhood was nearly devoid of other active businesses, so that was a bit odd. Restaurants and other businesses were a 5-10-minute car ride away. Our room overlooked a virtual ghost town, the parking lot of the outlet mall and Medieval Times, which filled up on Saturday night. However, we never felt unsafe, and the property was top-notch in facilities, staff, cleanliness, and room amenities. The lounge/breakfast area had ample seating and 24-hour coffee/hot water for tea/cocoa. Elevators were clean, quick and reliable, and the room was clean and had no noticeable odor, something my allergic nose appreciated. Sometimes even cleaners or air fresheners make hotel stays unbearable. Our phones picked up 4G signal as we sat on the sofa with all the curtains closed, and the signal from a personal Wifi device was great, too.
I liked the property so much that immediately upon unpacking my bags I signed up for their frequent traveler program. I have since searched for this property online at other planned race locations, and have been disappointed not to find many. I'm hoping this company will continue to grow and maintain its excellent quality.
Although there were a couple of dogs in residence on our floor (evidenced by the paw magnets on the door frames), we were never bothered by barking or odors. The hotel was nearly full, but our room was quiet and we had no problems whatsoever. The only thing that was noisy was the AC, which I assume was a heat pump trying its best in freezing temperatures.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank lupara
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The hotel was previously a Staybridge suites and is essentially the same physically. The staff, however is all new and wonderful. Brittany and Lucinda made our stay absolutely wonderful. They were cheerful and helpful. The manager's reception is a nice tradition that they have maintained. It allows a nice opportunity to socialize in the great room. The rooms are clean and the toiletries smell great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Estevanico
Carthage, North Carolina
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I wanted to get away for a couple of days with my small dog. A few other hotels take dogs but they have to weigh 20 lbs. or less. Well, my sweetie, Ms. Honey is about 30 and someone at the other hotel recommended Sonesta because they allow up to 70 lbs. We had the best time. Not only was the hotel suite more than I could have asked for, the rate was fair and the biggest plus were the friendliness staff and best buffet I have ever seen ANYWHERE. These people really know how to make a guest feel welcome and are so professional and accommodating. Yes, they are a little out of the way but WELL worth it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank philomena17jmj
Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Units have separate bedroom and living spaces as well as a kitchen space with a breakfast bar. Everything was very clean, and it was quiet. Staff were pleasant and responsive. Daily free breakfast and light suppers were available. Only drawbacks were no indoor pool and a little out of the way location (several miles from the beach). Great overall.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dan S
Wilmington North Carolina
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was attracted by the excellent rate offered by this hotel trying to keep my expenses for my family trip down, and expected to get exactly what I paid for, a nice clean comfortable hotel with good service. To my shock and excellent surprise, the Sonesta delivered way more than I had bargained for. Located just off Hwy 17 Bypass near the Theme Park, it is convenient to everything at the beach. Broadway, the Shopping, food, entertainment. The rooms were beautiful, exceptionally clean, modern and had everything you would need for a family at the beach. The staff were so kind, courteous and wen our of their way to do everything they could to be of assistance. The free breakfast each morning was top class, served and supervised by the very friendly cook. While it was winter when we stayed, we could see that the pool and outdoor Tiki Bar were really beautiful also and look forward to going back in the summer to enjoy a swim and some cocktails. One of the favorite hotels ever, will always choose this first when I visit Myrlte Beach !!!

Room Tip: Just ask the Staff they are incredibly helpful and will do whatever they can ! all of the rooms are...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DaraONe
Mt.Pleasant, SC
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here the last time maybe 3-4 years ago when it was still Staybridge Suites. This week I got a very fair rate; the room and entire property were very clean; and the check-in process was polite and smooth although I had several questions and asked to make a couple of changes. I thought the breakfast choices were pretty good. Coffee was good, and always available. Sure, the area surrounding the hotel is mainly a closed-down theme park and outlet store complex, but I knew that before I checked in. The outside grounds are well kept and I felt safe. Overall I will recommend this hotel b/c it is a great value for the price and there was nothing really wrong. One tip: conversation in the lobby dining area can get loud, even in the morning, so you may want to avoid a room that looks out on the lobby.

Room Tip: don't book a room that is very close to the lobby/dining area. Noise levels can be loud and disr...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business