We booked Staybridge Suites for a spur of the moment getaway before back to school. Our dilemas included traveling with 4 adults and 2 children, 2 night stay, last minute booking, and budget restrictions. I did a lot of research prior to booking and overall was happy with the hotel. The front desk staff were always very gracious and helpful. If you take your cooler down to them, they will fill it with ice (no ice machines on the floors). The 2 bedroom suite was very nice to have with 6 people, for the price, the size of the room could not be beaten. Kitchen was great, and who wouldn't want 2 bathrooms? The room could have been cleaner, but it wasn't nasty. We had a couple of lights that were out and a broken door handle. The front desk did take care of the issues immediately once we advised them. Our beds didn't have blankets, I didn't ask for any, but thought that was weird. Each bed had 2 sheets, we just set the thermostat to a higher temperature. Overall, they were comfortable. Free breakfast was OK, it's not very fair to complain about free, but was extremely crowded the days we were there. They also had a hours d vours/cocktail hour on the weeknights (not weekends) that included appetizers and free beer/wine (also very crowded). Free laundry was nice to have, but there were machines that were out of order. The pool area was nice we did enjoy spending time outside. The location is not good if you are planning to vacation at the beach. You have to drive everywhere (except for Medieval Times, which is right behind the hotel). So if you want to see the sunrise at the ocean, you have to load up and drive to the beach, find and pay for parking etc. We did find a few places to park that were free (up at 34th and Ocean Dr), but there you are very far from the boardwalk and other activities. If planning to go back to the beach, I would book something closer to the ocean (at least walking distance). This hotel worked for our short trip given the cost for the size of the room. For what we paid to stay here we could have booked a much smaller room on the ocean that would not have been comfortable for our family. It was weighing the options and size/budget won over location this time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites Myrtle Beach - West Enjoy the convenient location to all of the best attractions of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina at the Staybridge Suites® Myrtle Beach-Fantasy Harbour hotel. Guests are within reach of everything this popular resort town has to offer and just a short distance from the airport that the hotel provides complimentary shuttle services for. Your accommodations are in the center of it all. You'll love enjoying our complimentary, hot breakfast before strolling along the Boardwalk while shopping for souvenirs. Minutes from the hotel's site, Myrtle Beach offers surfing and swimming opportunities along with excellent sunbathing and picnic spots. After a long day in the sun, you can return to the hotel's welcoming suites. Myrtle Beach is teeming with business and corporate travelers enjoy amenities that ensure convenience. Free wired and wireless Internet access and a 24-hour Business Center help you stay productive. The convention center and universities like Coastal Carolina University are a short drive away. When you're looking for Myrtle Beach accommodations, look no further than this well-equipped hotel. The refreshing outdoor pool and well-equipped Fitness Center are some of the extras that help make your stay more memorable. Be sure to stop by the Pantry for snacks before heading down to the sports court, outdoor pool and courtyard. We invite you to "Get Comfortable" and call this hotel home on your next beach visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Staybridge Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Myrtle Beach - Fantasy Harbour Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Staybridge Suites