WINNER WONDERLAND

Staybridge Suites
Ranked #68 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Nice place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel- off the beaten path but very nice once you get there. Great breakfast, and big rooms! Pretty close to everything you would want to see in myrtle beach! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Jophotogal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Aldie, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Suites are decent and not too old. We had rented a double suite for 5 days and it had 3 TVs. Reasonable kitchen-ware, decent common area with pool, small jacuzzi, nice BBQ Grill, Basketball court etc. Breakfast is simply fantastic with complimentary coffee/tea round-the-clock. Complimentary Wi-Fi and Washer/dryer. Good value for money, as the price is very reasonable.

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker, make sure you press the front desk for a non-smoking room that does not sme...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hemanth K
Bridgeport, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

We were traveling with our pet and had a great experience at this Hotel. The staff was
friendly and helpful. They were constantly cleaning and picking up the areas around the Hotel and re-filling the Towels by the pool. Rooms were clean and comfortable with all you need to feel at home. Work-out and Laundry area had plenty of free appliances and good variety of gym equipment. Breakfast was always good!
If you are looking for a comfortable, affordable way to travel with your pets or kids this place can not be beat!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tammy K
Seneca, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

I booked here through my credit card points reward system, no where did it mention this was a pet friendly hotel. Our room smelled like "wet dogs" and my son is allergic to long haired dogs and began to itch/whelt rather quickly. HOWEVER, the guest services clerk, Brittany was WONDERFUL. She was friendly, well organized, gave other room options, and contacted the General Manager, who was equally kind and efficient. They arranged for us to stay at a sister hotel near by at no additional cost to us...GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. And, in the future maybe they will have a designated "pet floor" like other hotels, in which case I would give them another try.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jill G
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

When my family decided to have our reunion in Myrtle Beach, we knew it would be a challenge because none of us lived in the area! The biggest issue was finding a hotel to accommodate our needs. The search proved to be frustrating at times, until I came across Staybridge Suites. I read the reviews about the closed amusement center, being isolated and comments about being under staffed. I kept coming back to this location and booked our reunion there on a leap of faith! My family is so glad that I did! We came from all over the country and liked the 2-bedroom suites, the outside courtyard (basketball goal, grills and pooled), complimentary breakfast, Thursday night manager's reception, meeting room and the awesome sales & management staff! Sure, there were some issues, but those were solved immediately. The only suggestion I would have is for some of the suite carpets to be replaced. The amusement park is closed that is nearby, but the hotel is not isolated (there is a residential area across the street, a church further down the street,etc). The hotel was easily accessible to the expressway and not far from the beach and another hidden jewel-the Boathouse restaurant! But that's another review...

1 Thank Juanita Mention S
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Do not stay on the 1st floor of this hotel. Our room was between the housekeeping/laundry and the conference room. Guests and workers were constantly walking by our room talking loudly to other people or on the cell phone. We could hear all kinds of noise outside of our room all hours of the day and night. People were very rude and inconsiderate of other guests. Hotel is not close to any site seeing. Hotel was clean, but I would have like a room where you could actually relax instead of being distrubed all hours.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the 1st floor. I would stay by the beach.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Annie102118
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear Annie102118,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
charlotte,nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Just got back today and wanted to let anyone that is skeptical about staying at new and unfamiliar places, I thoroughly enjoyed my 4 night stay there. I cant complain about a thing. Customer service was awesome. After checking in I went immediately up to room to check out accomodations. Found the room very clean and spacious for my two boys and I. One of the bulbs in the kitchen was out so I went back to the front desk to inform someone and by the time I was back to the room with my luggage the maintenance guy was there replacing it. The breakfast was awesome! Loved the Sundowner's reception! Loved that they had an area for the boys to play basketball. The boys enjoyed the pool as well as myself!!! (I never get in!!!) We were there to enjoy the beach which we only spent one day at!!! Oh there is one thing maybe perhaps investing in better tvs ours had sound issues but not enough to complain about.

• Stayed July 2012