“Isolated and in needs of renovations”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Staybridge Suites

Staybridge Suites
Ranked #65 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Isolated and in needs of renovations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

I travel frequently for business and have had great experiences staying at a couple of Staybridge Suites in the past. This hotel is located off the beaten path in a deserted shopping or amusement park lot. There is nothing around it, except vacant buildings in an industrial setting. I brought my family along for this trip. Had I been traveling alone, I would not have stayed here once I arrived. The grounds are nice looking, but the surrounding area does not appear very safe, especially if you are a female traveling alone. I reserved a two bedroom suite, which was filthy when I arrived. This is a pet friendly hotel and by the looks of the carpet it has been well used by some of those pets. The stains on the carpet were throughout the entire suite and were just plain nasty. Furniture was old and worn and the toilet ran continuously after each flush. The kids even commented on the condition of the room and the location of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Joppa, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

Booked hotel back in May for our annual family trip sight unseen. I have stayed at Staybridge Suites before, but never more than overnight to catch an early flight. We kind of knew what to expect. We were greatly pleased. The rooms were large, the Great Room was beautiful, the amenities were great also (pool, exercise room, free laundry, coffee, breakfast, etc). We even extended our trip one more day. We could have stayed another day, but Hurricane Irene helped us to leave. My only dissapointments were the worn furniture and cabinets, dirty carpet, and old televisions. The location also was in a strange area. The hotel is surrounded by closed down businesses.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel a few times, and although it's not on the beach, it's conveniently located near the outlet mall (which is amazing), Broadway, and the Boardwalk! The rooms are large, clean, and comfortable but the absolute best thing they have going for them is the staff! They are always very friendly and willing to offer their services whenever I asked for something. It is so refreshing to see people that still understand what excellent customer service is all about! I will continue to stay here whenever I visit and will continure referring my friends and family as well!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Georgetown, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

We stayed here for a week for our daughter's national dance finals. The vacation overall was great A's our daughter's team won Judges Choice for their age group.

When we got to the hotel to check-in the rooms weren't ready yet so we had to wait about 45 mins fir the rooms. We had a 1 bdrm and a 2 bdrm suite. Both needed to be updated as far as the decor.

The room overall met our needs, the beds were nice, as were the pillows.

The breakfast each morning was really good, and my daughter loved the pool.

The shower was very slick and nothing was provided to help with footing. Half-way through the stay I fell in the shower and broke my shoulder.

The wireless Internet worked fairly well. One thing I did not like was how the passcode changed everyday, and I had to call the front desk to get it each day.

Overall the hotel was nice, I would stay there again, but I would take a nonskid mat fir the shower.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank familyof3IN
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

On route to Myrtle Beach I called ahead with a special request and Gary was quick to meet, and actually exceeded our request. No problem! My daughter needed assistance at the minimart and was quickly helped with her purchase. Our reason to visiit Myrtle Beach is watch my son play in a long, hot, baseball tournament. Going back to our hotel was actually a welcome delight to the enduring heat of the baseball games. Would definitely visit here, again! Robin

Room Tip: simply request what you need
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Leeds
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here for a couple of nights on way up the coast from Orlando to Washington. the usual Staybridge style with free parking, suite with two rooms and a sofa bed and free laundry and wifi. Breakfast good - kids like the choice. Sundowner evenings midweek as usual - but be warned this palce has no licence so usual free wine and beer not on offer! take you own if you want alcohol. Pool ok - but like all staybridge suites opens late - so if you swim early morning - forget it!. Gym baking hot at 74 ddegres - i complained and next day - yes still 74 degrees!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

Let me get the negatives out of the way first. First, the place is a little worn but clean and maintained pretty well. It's also a bit secluded in a rather deserted part of town. That isn't all bad because it was quiet and the price was more affordable than many other places. Room was comfortable, free breakfast pretty good, and you get a decent snack and drinks on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, which also helped the value of our stay. Exercise facility had operable cardio machines and the weight machine worked but not that well. Some dumbbells would be a good addition there. Pool and hot tub were OK. Liked the basketball court. TVs were the old tube style -- no flat screens in rooms. No major complaints about any of it -- just needs to be updated a bit.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family