“FANTASTIC HOTEL”

Ranked #80 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
“FANTASTIC HOTEL”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This beautiful hotel is totally updated, clean, and has a staff that was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was terrific! I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Mary W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Charlotte
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Hotel is on a busy strip, but doesn't feel that way once inside. Close to everything, including Restaurant Row.(Benjamins Calabash) is a must if you love seafood, its next door. Staff was very nice, rooms clean, free breakfast in the morning. I took advantage of the 3 night stay special so I paid $110 per night. It's not fancy, but just perfect if you want some place clean and you are on a budget. Myself and my family enjoyed it. This was the 1st time staying closer to N Myrtle, much quieter than the south end. We enjoyed the beach at N. Myrtle in barefoot landing, there is free public parking too. All and all, great time, this was the best value I have ever had in Myrtle Beach and I go every year.

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank clarendongirl
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My family and I stayed here for "family reunion and beyond" vacation. The hotel is very clean, and the pool, though small, was kept clean and my two young sons enjoyed it very much.

The staff was superb! April, who helped me with my reservation, and a previous one wherein my wife and her mother had enjoyed, was simply a gem. She was very accommodating, kind, warm, and always sported a genuine smile. April was a tremendous help. Janice, upon check-in, was very helpful. She sported a great smile and I was impressed with her doubling as breakfast attendant the next morning due to short staffing, even though she was the sales director. I admire such dedication. Janice was very friendly, and upbeat, as well. Sherry was pleasant when I first saw her around 2am, and she helped me with requests, and information. At breakfast, she was also filling in with Janice, and again, both ladies were amazing. Aaron, at check-in, was helpful, and friendly. He answered many questions throughout our five night stay with patience and professionalism. We met the new breakfast attendant, Sharon, on her first day (our last morning), and she absolutely is top-notch. She handled breakfast very efficiently and always with a warm smile.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. The Internet connection was spotty for a couple of our iPad and droid devices on the second floor, but they connected fine on the first. Also, our laptops connected fine in our room, as did our iPhone. Housecleaning always spoke back when I greeted them, and the room was cleaned to our satisfaction. We will stay here again. I highly recommend this hotel for family, couples, business, or just passing through.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Reggie S
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We arrived June 23. The room were great, the staff was good and helpful when we ask questions.

This is a great hotel and location. It's two miles from the beach and two miles from the mall. So you are right in the middle of everything.

The only problem that I had was that, the floors in the room were not sweep on a daily bases.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Rhynesc
Oswego, New York
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We traveled from upstate NY to SC for our first vacation on the beach. Check in was easy and fast, Luke was wonderful. The hotel was very nice, clean and just what we expected. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. A delicious and lovely breakfast each morning, DeeDee was fantastic! An overall awesome hotel experience. We are already looking forward to next year at this hotel again! Thank you so much for a great vacation!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Tracey B
Warren, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Had reservations on May 27th. I was advised that there was a huge crotch rocket biker rally in town and to not go there. So i called the hotel and was told by the staff that the bike rally was a one day event and all was fine. Rode over 500 miles to get there and rode into the midst of the biker rally - noisy, congested, and not conducive to a nice stay. Did not stay the night but got charged anyway. Do not trust the staff at this hotel to be concerned with your safety or the safety of your property. There was no security and a single employee on the premises when we arrived. We were not about to leave our bikes in the lot given the thugs hanging out under the check in awning. It appears this hotel's staff is merely concerning with the money and don't really care about their guests - OR they employee absolutely clueless people.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Jerry H
BestWesternPlusMB1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Myrtle Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Our cancelation policy clearly states that you can cancel for any reason without penalty up to 24 hours prior to check in time. This guest called to cancel the morning of his arrival. We stand behind our policy. No employee told him the bike rally was a one day event, and there is staff on the property 24 hours a day. We are sorry for any misunderstandings, but feel we are not in the wrong in this case. Also note, we have several security cameras all over the property and have many harley riders stay here without issues.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I chose this hotel because given my late room reservation over the Memorial Day weekend, this was the only hotel with an available room. I think that I paid $200 for the room, which might explain my somewhat high expectations. Reviewers should also consider that I had my family with me and I automatically try to provide them with better than average. The short version of my review is that when I entered the hotel lobby to check in, I asked the hotel clerk if he could point me to the Best Western Plus because I was sure that I was in the wrong place. The hotel room was okay. It was fairly clean and the a/c worked okay. The bed was comfortable and the line was fine. The hotel towels were average. I guess that my larger problem with the hotel was the general impression outside of the room. The walls and carpet in the hallway seemed dirty. The hallways also seemed dark. I did not have much interaction with the staff. The little that I did have seemed pleasant. Over on hotel.com, this hotel is rated as a 2-star and I would give it a 2.5 star. If that is your expectation, then you should be pleased.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family