“Just don't compare”

Add it.
Charcoal Brazilian Steakhouse
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Dinner
Description: We serve a variety of food cooked over wooden charcoal Briquettes that give it that cookout taste. All served table side by our gauchos off of skewers and we have a salad bar for your enjoyment included in the price of the charcoal buffet.
Cumberland, Maryland
“Just don't compare”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The other reviewers are right, if you’ve gone to a Brazilian buffet before; don’t expect the same experience at Charcoal. I recommend that you splurge and pay for the authentic experience. My memories of the authentic Brazilian buffet are incredible and Charcoal is not memorable. Further, we were the first customers of the day and our waiter was still high, complete with cotton mouth. Also, we were seated at the far back of the restaurant and had to walk through a maze to get to the salad bar.... we were the only customers. When I used the ladies’ room, I overheard a manager telling an employee that he would let him leave [the restaurant] if he returned with a doctor’s note indicating that he needed to go to the dentist. All in all… you get what you pay for the food was mediocre and so were the wait staff. Pay more for the real deal, it’s well worth it.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Sherri P

Darlington, South Carolina, United States
“Good food, good price but not genuine brazilian steakhouse”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

If you have not had another Brazilian churrasquería experience before, this restaurant will deceive you because it is not genuine. However, the food and the service are okay, just okay. The salad bar has a very limited selection, no equal seasoning, no ambiance, no chimi-churri, no sangria, and no appetizers such as in the other churrasquerías (yuca, mashed potatoes, plantains, etc) it is just less expensive for those reasons. Nevertheless, my husband, my daughter, and I enjoyed our dinner. We wanted to try something new besides Rioz, since we go there everytime we go to the beach and we did not want to wait to eat. BUT, Rioz is still our favorite.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Chiki2399
Louisville, Kentucky
“Food and service lacking....overpriced for poor quality you receive.”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I like Brazilian steak houses and the ads make Charcoal sound like a great value....NOT true! First the waiter didn't show for 15 mins...we had to ask another waiter if someone was coming to take our order. Then he acted like a jerk when he did show up (if my daughter hadn't had her heart on trying this place...we would have gotten up and walked out then...sut we gave them a chance for her). The drinks were not as advertised and was os bad my wife sent it back and gave up on getting a decent drink. Next when the meats came a round they were all way overcooked and tough as shoe leather. I mean this is the worst I have ever had and I've eaten at Brazilian steakhouses all over the world. Don't waste your time on this wannabe tourist trap...it isn't worth the money you will be disappointed!

• Visited July 2012
Hamilton, Canada
“Wouldnt make this a priority!!”
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere was ok & service was polite but very slow! More importantly the food was acceptable when it did come to the table. The time gaps between the visits from the gauchos were way too long! I've been to a couple of Brazilian style restaurants in Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada and service was much quicker and food much better. And the time gaps were non existent.

I won't be rushing back to this place. The price at $26pp was ok but I still don't think worth it for what you got. I'd spend over a hundred for the family elsewhere.

Indian Trail, North Carolina, USA
“I'd rather be at Rioz....”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Food was good, however, atmosphere, quality and attention given at Rioz puts this place to shame...our waiter was about as awesome as they get though, so that was a bonus! $10 cheaper than Rioz, but was it worth it? You'll have to give it a try and see what you think.

Visited March 2012