“Funny and Informative Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of New South Brewing

New South Brewing
Ranked #16 of 116 things to do in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We have a big green fence out front. We now offer Draught Pours and retail sales on Tuesday - Friday 4:30-7:00ish. Due to production demand during our summer season, along with safety protocol, our full tour will run from Labor Day - Memorial Day. We will continue to run our virtual tour as well as random walking tours (after production) during our Draft Pour/retail hours.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Funny and Informative Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I heard great things about this tour and decided to see for myself. The experience was excellent. The tour guide, Rod, was a natural. He was informative, but kept the tour very lively. He gave meticulous details about the brewing process that you don't get in big brand tours. By intermittently mixing samples of the various new south beers he made the tour a fantastic experience. They also offer an array of merchandise. I bought a growler and some glasses as well as new south beer. A great way to spend an afternoon.

Visited November 2012

charlotte, nc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Smart Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We loved the New South Brewing tour. You get 4 generous size samples while learning a lot about the beer making process. It was so interesting to learn about the components that go into making beer and how they tailor their beer to be something you can drink on the beach. Great change of pace for Myrtle, we loved it!

Coppell, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Brew Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Deciding to select the #1 thing to do according to Trip Advisor while in Myrtle Beach certainly worked out for us! We thoroughly enjoyed the small, local brew tour at New South Brewing. We sampled the nut brown ale (bought some of that), the Oktoberfest (got a Growler full of that) along with a tasty stout. It's not fancy and I'm glad I read the review about the outside not looking like much - inside, the folks there and the beer was great. Amazing how they can the product for sale - one can at a time. Good quality and a great time!

2 Thank Annalisa M
Beamsville, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great Brewery Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was a great tour of a brewery with lots of free samples. The only downside was that the times weren't advertised in the local paper and the brewery was hard to find even with a GPS.

2 Thank Wino_fredBeamsville
Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The South Rises Again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

During my annual trip to Myrtle Beach to see my parents I decided to check out New South Brewing since I'm a home brewer and enjoy seeing other people's systems. I brought along a few of my own beers for the New South guys to taste and critic. It was a nice tour and interesting to see their new canning operation....small but efficient. They have a good selection of styles to taste but somewhat less "hoppy" than an typical west coast ale.
All in all, a good tour and way to spend a couple hours.

1 Thank divertwo