“The South Rises Again”

New South Brewing
Ranked #24 of 119 things to do in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We have a big green fence out front. We now offer Draught Pours and retail sales on Tuesday - Friday 4:30-7:00ish and Saturday 1:00 - 5:00. Due to production demand during our summer season, along with safety protocol, our full tour will run from Labor Day - Memorial Day. We will continue to run our virtual tour as well as random walking tours (after production) during our Draft Pour/retail hours.
Reviewed October 18, 2012

During my annual trip to Myrtle Beach to see my parents I decided to check out New South Brewing since I'm a home brewer and enjoy seeing other people's systems. I brought along a few of my own beers for the New South guys to taste and critic. It was a nice tour and interesting to see their new canning operation....small but efficient. They have a good selection of styles to taste but somewhat less "hoppy" than an typical west coast ale.
All in all, a good tour and way to spend a couple hours.

1  Thank divertwo

Reviewed October 18, 2012

When you see New South from the outside, you're not quite sure what to expect. It's on a back road, kind of small in appearance... Don't pre-judge for one second! As soon as you enter, the staff is super friendly and the atmosphere is very casual and comfortable. The tour takes you through the beer making process, and the guides really know their stuff! The samples were delicious, and I'm not a huge beer drinker - I'm usually a wheat-only type of gal. All of the questions I had along the way were answered with detail - and made this beer making novice not feel so silly for asking. This is a fun and unique thing to do in Myrtle Beach - off the beaten path, and a break from the more touristy things in the area.

2  Thank Amy C
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and decided to take their tour on a whim and were very pleased that we did. We learned a lot about the beer making process and had the opportunity to try a few of their beers during the tour, If you're in the area and you like beer I would highly suggest you take the time to do the tour. They do offer beer purchase at the end of the tour.

3  Thank TravelingCouple_99
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Free tours, amazing beer, reasonable prices.

Good humor during the tour. Don't judge by outer appearenace of building.

2  Thank FOXRACING_250
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We did the Brewery tour and it was great. It was very interesting and our guide was very knowledgeable and entertaining. They also give you generous samples along the way. If you like beer this is a must see when you come to Myrtle Beach.

3  Thank April M