“This is the place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Toscana Italian Bistro

Toscana Italian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Toscana Italian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 868 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dinner MenuAntipastiFried Calamari - 8.00 Served with a spicy marinara sauceEscargot - 9.00Out of shell, served in a creamy gorgonzola sauce topped with mozzarella.Bruschetta - 7.00Fresh tomatoes, basil, evoo, Italian spices, shaved padanno cheese.Zuppa Di Cozze - 9.00Mussels in a scampi or marinara sauce.Mozzarella Caprese - 7.00Fresh tomato, basil, mozzarella, evoo, balsamic, roasted red pepper.Mozzarella Completa - 8.00Mozarella, prosciutto, ricotta cheese, roasted red pepper, tomato, EVOO, balsamic, padanno cheese, Italian herbs.Cold Antipasti - 10.00Imported meats and cheese, roasted red peppers, olives, artichoke hearts, drizzled with balsamic reduction.Shrimp Florentine - 10.00Jumbo shrimp wrapped in prosciutto, in a lemon fusion sauce served over sautéed spinach.Polenta Bolongese - 7.00Traditional San Marzano meat sauce.Polenta Mediterranean - 10.00Artichoke hearts, oven-roasted tomatoes, black olives, jumbo shrimp, crab meat, in a lemon fusion sauce.InsalataAvacado In Bella Vista - 10.00Italian mixed greens, avocado, dried cranberries, marinated peppers, artichoke hearts, 15 years old aged padanno.Insalata alla Gorgonzola - 8.00Crispy romaine, walnuts, gorgonzola, evoo, balsamic, Italian herbs.Insalata Toscana - 9.00Italian mixed greens, fresh mozzarella, marinated pepper, olives, artichoke hearts cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, 15 year old shaved parmigiana.Add Shrimp or Seared Scallops - 8.00Add Chicken - 6.00Tuscan Style Italian ClassicsAll of our pastas are homemadeSpaghetti Carbonara - 14.00Tossed in a creamy prociutto tuscan style sauce.Manicotti - 13.00Flat egg noodle wrapped around ricotta cheese topped with fresh mozzarella and san marzano tomatoe sauce.Gnocci Cremina - 14.00In a creamy tomato pesto sauce with fresh mozzarella.Lasagna - 15.00Pasta, angus beef, ricotta, mozzarella, parmigiana, tuscan herbs, san marzano tomato sauce.Tortellini alla pomodora - 16.00 Tossed in a chunky san marzano tomato sauce topped with parmigiana regiano.Lobster Ravioli - 16.00Served in a tuscan creamy prosciutto sauce.Chicken Parpadella - 16.00Flat egg pasta tossed in a creamy tuscan tomato sauce topped with grilled chicken and shaved asiago.Eggplant Parmigiana - 16.00Three layers of egg plant and fresh mozzarella baked in tomato sauce served over spaghetti.Eggplant Rollatini - 16.00Eggplant stuffed with ricotta & mozzarella baked in a tomato sauce served over pasta.Spaghetti & MeCball, Italian Sausage, or Bolongese - 15.00Served in our Homemade san marzano tomato sauce.Fettuccini Alfredo - 14.00Traditional fettuccini tossed in a Tuscan inspired Alfredo sauce.Add Chicken - 5.00Add Shrimp - 6.00Penne alla Vodka - 15.00Tossed in a creamy tomato prosciutto sauce.Add Chicken - 5.00Add Shrimp - 6.00Penne Puttanesca - 15.00Sun-dried tomato, anchovies, artichoke hearts, olives, San Marzano tomato sauce.Polenta Mediterranean - 18.00Artichoke hearts, oven-roasted tomatoes, black olives, jumbo shrimp, crab meat, in a lemon fusion sauce.SeafoodZuppa Di Pesce - 27.00Lobster claw, mussels, scallops, calamari, shrimp, steamed grouper, clams, in a chunky san marzano tomato sauce.Zuppa Alfredo - 25.00Mushroom, shrimp, scallops, mussels, sundried tomato, crab meat, broccoli in a light alfedo sauce over fettuccini.Lobster Claw Fra Diablo - 22.00Lobster, Swai, Shrimp & mussels sautéed in a spicy tomato sauce served over linguini.Imported Fresh Clams - 18.00Sauteed in a san marzano tomato sauce Or a White wine sauce over linguini. Shrimp & Scallops Toscana - 22.00Tossed in a scampi sauce, served over angel hair.Toscana Italian Bistro SpecialsVeal Or Pork Osso Buco - 30.00 Slowly cooked 3-4 hours served in its own natural juices served over a bed of garlic mashed potato and topped with julian vegetables.Veal or Chicken Bella MarieVeal - 27.00Chicken - 24.00Milk Fed veal pounded thin over a bed of garlic mashed potatoes in a red wine reduction sauce with mushrooms.Swai Filet Florentine - 27.00Mild meaty white fish lightly battered and sautéed in a lemon white wine butter sauce over sautéed spinach and fettuccini pasta.Red Snapper or Swai Mediterranean - 28.00Artichoke hearts, olives, garlic, fresh tomato, capers, sun dried tomato over angel hair in a lemon fusion sauce.Chicken Veneciana - 24.00Chicken lightly breaded & stuffed with goat cheese,prosciutto di parma, asiago cheese, fresh tomato, served over linguini in a lightly spicy tomato sauce.Crèma Di Gorgonzola Con AragostaVeal - 27.00Chicken - 25.00Topped with goat cheese, lobster claw & fresh mozzarella, in a creamy gorgonzola sauce with roasted red pepper served over penne.Crab Stuffed Chicken - 25.00Chicken stuffed with crab meat Italian herbs, in a lemon fusion sauce, served over angel hair and vegetables of the day.ParmigianaVeal - 20.00Chicken - 18.00Italian bread crumb seasoning san marzano tomato sauce topped with fresh mozzarella served over spaghetti.PicattaVeal - 20.00Chicken - 18.00White wine lemon butter sauce with capers, lemon infused artichoke hearts & garlic served over angel hair.SaltimboccaVeal - 22.00Chicken - 20.00Proscuitto di parma fresh mozzarella, ricotta cheese, mushroom, in a veal reduction sauce marsala wine served over sautéed spinach & angel hair.Side DishesSauteed or Creamed Spinach - 4.00Garlic Mashed Potatoes - 4.00Meatballs or Sausage - 5.00Vegetable of the day - 4.00Julian Vegetables - 4.00Children’s Menu - 5.00Spaghetti & MeatballSpaghetti & Meat SauceCheese PizzaPepperoni PizzaChicken AlfredoSpaghetti & ButterChicken Fingers & FriesCheese Ravioli
Boston, Massachusetts
“This is the place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

This was our first visit to Toscana's, outstanding beginning to end. The bread with the dipping sauce was an excellent start. Appetizers, soup, salads and entrees were all very good. Our small group had a variety of items, from veal, chicken, and fish to spaghetti and gnocchi. The gravy was delicious, tasty but not overpowering. If you still have room after dinner, try the lemonchello pie or the cannoli.
The server was attentive and right on top of his game. As a "heads up" this is a smaller restaurant and I would strongly recommend reservations. Coming this way via Little Italy, the North End and Federal Hill, I can safely say this is probably the best Italian in Myrtle Beach.
We will definatly return next year.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Bill A

“Good good and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at 6:35 on a Wednesday and was asked if we had a reservation which we did not. They still graciously found us a table. My recommendation is to definitely make reservations.
Henry R. was our waiter and he was pleasantly attentive to us despite having a large table and another small table.
The restaurant is small and noisy but has an elegant decor.
I ordered the Zappa di pesce, the majority was disappointingly calamari with 2 shrimps, small pieces of grouper, 2 clams, 8 mussels and a small piece of lobster claw over linguini. It was good but pricey at $28.95. My husband ordered the veal parmigiana and he said the meat was tender and very good.
The warm bread with olive oil dip was good also.

Atlanta
“"B" Minus ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

My family & I chose this place because of the reviews, we made a reservation for 7:30 and weren't seated until 7:50, perhaps because the reservation was under "Amanda" instead of Walt, how the confusion happened, I have no idea!! Anyway, we eventually got seated and waited a while before a waitress came to take our drink order. We asked for some bread and Alfredo to use as dipping sauce, I must admit the Alfredo was amazing!! We ordered the chicken Marsala, gnocchi with meatballs and spaghetti and meatballs. The chicken Marsala was good, tasted fresh, gnocchi was okay at best, the meatballs we added to the gnocchi saved the dish! Come to find out, they were some of the best meatballs we've had, the spaghetti was bland unfortunately.. At the end of our meal, we got our check and I realized that our 6 year olds spaghetti and meatballs were $14
Instead of $6 as the kids menu stayed.. I asked our waitress about it and she just said "I'm sorry, you didn't have a kids menu so I charged you for the regular" .. We actually did have a kids menu.. After clarifying this with her, I had to ask to have the price changed on our bill, this was disappointing. Overall, it was an okay experience, just wish the customer service was better.

3 Thank Medihaha
Kentucky
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I dined here during our recent vacation and it was excellent! It was definitely the best meal that we had. We arrived at opening without reservations, but were seated quickly. We ordered the bruschetta as an appetizer and it was not only delicious but elegantly plated. My husband had the lasagna and I had the crab stuffed chicken. Both were amazing, full of flavor. The bread and dipping oil were easily the best we have had anywhere. After eating here, I can see why this restaurant is ranked so high on tripadvisor.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank angiemarie55
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply delicious ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is definitely one I'll go back to. My fiancée and I visited to celebrate our engagement and everything was simply wonderful. I ordered the chicken Romano and was not disappointed. The chicken was delicious and the sauce was exceptional. My fiancée ordered the lobster claw fra diablo which he also loved (it was spicy, just how he likes it lol) the bread was also very good and I believe homemade (I believe everything is made from scratch) we had soup before our meal which was also really good. The restaurant was beautiful and comfy it wasn't a place you had to whisper in or feel uncomfortable. The staff was also very nice and accommodating. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone at myrtle beach it's the best italian I've ever had.