“Swanky!”

Ranked #221 of 903 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: The best-kept secret in Myrtle Beach is located at the Marina at Grande Dunes. With panoramic views of the Intracoastal Waterway, good food and friendly staff, the Anchor Cafe will quickly become a favorite place to watch the sunset and kick back with a cold one.
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Just went to have a couple drinks with some friends. Never been here before, so it was a little hard to find. A long brick path forces you to admire all the beautiful yachts and people more successful than you, on your way to the bar.

When you get inside though, it's all worth it. The view can't be beat. I don't think I've seen a more beautiful setting just to have a cocktail. Prices did not reflect how upscale this place looks. I was almost afraid to get my tab, but once I saw it, I realize I've paid more at TGIFriday's!

Toby is one of the best bartenders I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Clearly overqualified for the job - they need to hang on to this guy!

2  Thank Corey S

Reviewed July 31, 2013

After our bicycle ride my wife and I decided to stop at the Anchor in and enjoy a bite to eat and the view of the Intra-coastal Waterway. Big mistake. The place was not crowded and the barmaid was more interested in some jet ski's then waiting on us. After standing in front of us for a few minutes talking about the jet ski she finally gave us some attention. We ordered our drinks and asked for menu to get something to eat. Well I finished my beer and still she did not come to see what we wanted to order. We left after one beer and that will be the last time we will be at the Anchor Cafe, until we buy a big boat. That seems the key to getting attention.

1  Thank M L
Reviewed July 19, 2013

For certain the view is terrific as the deck of the restaurant is right adjacent to the intercostal waterway, but I would only go back for some drinks and appetizers.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Decent bar food and sandwiches/salads, good service . The setting is wonderful - on the water in the middle of the waterway and marina.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

They have a great happy hour Monday through Friday 4 - 7 with discounts on drinks and appetizers. Wonderful iWeb of the intercostal waterway.