“Yummy, fresh, inexpensive food”

JimmyZ Original Hibachi House
Ranked #195 of 869 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Louisville, Kentucky
“Yummy, fresh, inexpensive food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

My family loves Jimmyz. We discovered it a few years ago and every time we visit Myrtle Beach we eat there. This last trip we ate there 5 times! Yes, it's that good. The food is fresh, portion sizes are large and the food is delicious. I recommend the Chicken Teriyaki Bowl for $5. The only reason I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5 is because the entire week we were there, their fountain drink machine was broken. We had to buy $2 bottles of pop and couldn't get refills. Also, I wish they offered kids meals. I thought they used to, but maybe I'm wrong. Kids meals would be a great idea. Otherwise, we love Jimmyz!

“Hibachi To-Go”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We ordered lunch and had it delivered to our hotel room ($10 minimum gets $0 delivery charge). The lady said 45-60 minutes and they were right at 60 minutes. We order the chicken teriyaki lunch plate, chicken rice bowl, steak/shrimp lunch plate, and 2 bowls of "clear" soup (which was a beef broth with sliced mushrooms). All of it was REALLY tasty!!!! I would compare it to most hibachi restaurants where we live (an average meal from those places). It wasn't the "best hibachi" I've ever had of course. But for the money & convenience... well worth it. We will eat here again for sure!!!

“Rude staff at it's best!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

My wife and I decided to try this place out, and wish that we would have taken our money elsewhere. Staff was extremely rude ordered my food which was the special "Bangin Shrimp" and it was not until we had sat down and I had started drinking my un carbonated Diet Mt. Dew "because the staff would rather talk than change the CO2 out" that I was told by that there was not any Bangin Shrimp, and I needed to order something else. After my wifes food order was wrong, and had to be corrected I simply asked for a togo box and the girl behind the counter look at me as if I had just called her a derogatory word. This place was a bad idea, and will not be considered as a second chance. Far to many habachi restaurants in the area to reconsider eating here again.

Gray, Tennessee
“Wonderful food- Good prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

I will say their food is wonderful. However, we had takeout and when we got back to the resort.. we had about 5 cups of rice per to-go box and 1/2 cup of chicken/ steak per box. Not enough to even fill me up. I'm sure if we didn't get it to go we would have gotten a lot more. But I would definitely go back.. just go inside next time! They do have a drive thru. We picked this spot b/c of the drink thru b/c our little one was sick( yes on vacation).

Wheeling, West Virginia
“Great food for the money!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

We've driven by JimmyZ for several years and always wondered how the hibachi would be, it was well worth it! I had the Grouper Hibachi and it was some of the best Grouper I've had. For all ages and styles. More of a "Local" place. We WILL go back!

Visited May 2014