“Awesome food”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We decided to take a chance with this restaurant and very glad we did. The food was amazing. We did not have to pay top dollar and the food was just as good as a high dollar restaurant. The restaurant itself was a little rough around the edges but if u can get by cob webs and a messy bathroom you will be happy with the food. A must try.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

So, I've been eating at Jimmyz a long time. I long time ago I would see his infomercial on the local TV tourist channel but it took me a few years to drink the Kool-Aid & for that Jimmy, I apologize.

Bottom line: excellent quality ingredients, freshly prepared, and rival to any sit-down Hibachi type restaurant I have ever visited & I have visited lots. From Benihana to our own local Yamato, Miyabi & Nakato.

They offer lots of combo plates & some good quickserv Asian style apps like Gyoza, & great little spring rolls. They also have great sauces to take to the table so you can load up on as much Teryi, Ginger, White Sauce, or Sriracha as you want.

Unfortunately, I live up in North Myrtle which is about a 20+ min drive to Jimmyz, but every time I have any business down in that area I stop in. It's so good that even if I don't have to go quite that far down, I still find the car making unexpected turns till I end up at 61st ave for a Chicken & Shrimp & Veggie Combo. Once I get a taste for Jimmyz, it's all over.

Nice staff, GREAT food and HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! All done.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This place is a joke. On Thursday night we had tickets to a show so we were trying to decide if we wanted to go to dinner before or after the show. We decided to go after the show and I wanted to try Jimmyz so I looked them up on the internet. On the their website, their hours stated they were opened until 11 p.m. - plenty enough time to grab a bite after the show. At 10:30 we rolled into their lot in North Myrtle beach, we remarked that it looked close so I drove up to the door which stated only the drive-through was open until 11 pm. No problem, we drove to the speaker to place our order. A female came over the speaker and told me they had just closed. I remarked that the door said 11pm. Which she stated that was a misprint. When we got back to the place we were staying, I entered a message into the "contact us" feature. I still have not received a reply - a very poor practice. On Friday, I decided to give them a second chance and stopped in the one in Surfside. You walk into the restaurant and there is a sign there saying "place order at counter" No one was at the counter, only a bunch of business cards. Two groups of about 12 people ahead of us finally got tired of waiting and left to go find another place to eat. I thought I would walk into the restaurant and find someone. When I walked around the corner, I discovered there was ANOTHER counter they meant for you to order at. I informed the girl behind this counter that they had just lost about a dozen orders due to the confusing entrance. She seemed uninterested in that fact. I tried to tell her if I saw 12 people leave in just a few minutes that they were probably losing ten fold that over the course of the day. She just replied that if they see people out there, they wave them in. In any case, I ordered my food (take-out) and went to fill my drinks up. I filled up half a cup of Sweet tea before it ran out. I told the girl behind the counter that they were out of tea. She said "okay" and that was it. Ten minutes later while I was waiting, another customer informed another employee. That employee said that they would make more if they got a break. From what I can tell, there were 5-6 employees trying to wait on 6 tables and maybe that more in take out orders - far sufficient for most establishments. They also ran out of ice in the drink machine while I was there as well and customers had to wait on that. We got our food in sufficient timing (20 min) and took it back to eat it. The food was okay at best. The fried rice appeared to be passed over a frying surface for a few seconds before being placed in the bowl. Normally I eat all the fired rice I have in front of me fro places like this. In this case, I threw half of it away. The steak and chicken was average quality and cooked nothing special. The reviews that here that claim the food is great obviously haven't tried a whole lot of of places. This is by far the worse of the fast food Hibachi I have had. I've tried maybe 20 different Hibachi fast foods in my travels. Bottom line, service was terrible, food was okay but for the price poor.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

JimmyZ is a must stop for anyone vacationing in the Myrtle Beach Area. We have been fans for many years and always make it a point to stop for lunch or a quick dinner. Everything is fresh, cooked to order, and very hot even if you get take out to eat on your hotel balcony. We usually get the lunch bowls during lunch and the plates for dinner. The steak is moist, never dry, and both the rice and noodles are excellent choices. The vegetables are as good as vegetables get (in our opinion) and the chicken is extremely tasty. The service is quick, prompt, and friendly. We can get two meals for under $12.00 for lunch and around $15.00 for dinner. Where at the beach can you find such a deal? If the smell does not make your mouth start watering , your plate of deliciously prepared Hibachi food will sure do the trick. It’s the closest thing to a Japanese Steakhouse you can get that is affordable, enjoyable, and will have you coming back for more. We’ll be back to see JimmyZ in November. We wish you were closer.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

It was really raining and we decided to stay in for dinner instead of going out. We found JimmyZ and decide to give them a try. The food was excellent, the price was great and they were there with our hot food in no time. Will definitely order from JimmyZ again next time we are at the beach.