“Fun experience ”

and up
Ripley's 5D Moving Theater in Myrtle Beach
Ranked #20 of 57 Fun & Games in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a LIVE ACTION ride on Myrtle Beach's only 5D Moving Theater with 3D imaging, surround sound, special effects and even snow!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I was pretty scared after reading some of these reviews prior to going because people said they got headaches, we're slammed around in the seats, and got dizzy from the movies, but that wasn't the case at all! I hate roller coasters and it didn't feel that way in the slightest bit. The movies were kind of short, but it was a great time nonetheless.

2  Thank JferMell
Bethany M, Public Relations Manager at Ripley's 5D Moving Theater, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2016

Thank you for visiting Ripley's 5D Moving Theater... I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We appreciate your feedback. Thanks for taking the time to review us!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

My poor 7 year old son was 0 for 3 on activities that he had wanted to do in Gatlinburg but, for one reason or another, wasn't able to. That's when we came upon the 5D Moving Theatre! He was THRILLED with the ride... as were my daughter, and myself. The space car race film was great, but the best was the snow-themed film with actual "snow" falling in the theatre. I only wish the films had been a bit longer. But, with their fabulous military discount, we didn't pay much... so it was worth every penny. This attraction definitely saved the day for my son! I really wouldn't recommend the ride to anyone who gets motion sickness... or to small children that frighten easily.

1  Thank hollyl18

Thank you for visiting Ripley's 5D Moving Theater... I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for taking the time to review us!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We arrived about 20 minutes before the 2PM show so we had to wait for a few minutes. The movies included a space race and a trip through an ice factory. It was fun, but it was over in 15 minutes. This was our second visit to a moving theater and I think they should include some type of other activity along with the movies.

2  Thank Adfg10

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We waited for almost an hour in the freezing cold- they didn't tell us the times of the movie, until we over to the mirror maze place and asked, to be rudely answered. Then, after waiting in the waiting area for 15 minutes, we were let in 2 and a half minutes. We went in and sat in the uncomfortable seats. As the ride starts, it's fun, stuff is flying in your face (just don't open your mouth, it tasted like soap.) it was alright, nothing to die for.

2  Thank Ireviewstuff

Thank you for visiting Ripley's 5D Moving Theater... We appreciate your feedback. Thanks for taking the time to review us!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This attraction is loud and moves very fast, the seats shake and bump. If you are looking for fast action and bumpy seats, this attraction has it all. My Grandson LOVED it.

1  Thank MaryannG2