“Better than expected!”

and up
Ripley's 5D Moving Theater
Ranked #15 of 56 Fun & Games in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a LIVE ACTION ride on Myrtle Beach's only 5D Moving Theater with 3D imaging, surround sound, special effects and even snow!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Better than expected!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My poor 7 year old son was 0 for 3 on activities that he had wanted to do in Gatlinburg but, for one reason or another, wasn't able to. That's when we came upon the 5D Moving Theatre! He was THRILLED with the ride... as were my daughter, and myself. The space car race film was great, but the best was the snow-themed film with actual "snow" falling in the theatre. I only wish the films had been a bit longer. But, with their fabulous military discount, we didn't pay much... so it was worth every penny. This attraction definitely saved the day for my son! I really wouldn't recommend the ride to anyone who gets motion sickness... or to small children that frighten easily.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank hollyl18
Bethany M, Public Relations Manager at Ripley's 5D Moving Theater, responded to this review, April 8, 2016
Thank you for visiting Ripley's 5D Moving Theater... I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for taking the time to review us!

Reynoldsburg, Ohio
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Always a good time”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We arrived about 20 minutes before the 2PM show so we had to wait for a few minutes. The movies included a space race and a trip through an ice factory. It was fun, but it was over in 15 minutes. This was our second visit to a moving theater and I think they should include some type of other activity along with the movies.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Adfg10
Thank you for visiting Ripley's 5D Moving Theater... I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We appreciate your feedback. Thanks for taking the time to review us!
Burlington, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Alright”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We waited for almost an hour in the freezing cold- they didn't tell us the times of the movie, until we over to the mirror maze place and asked, to be rudely answered. Then, after waiting in the waiting area for 15 minutes, we were let in 2 and a half minutes. We went in and sat in the uncomfortable seats. As the ride starts, it's fun, stuff is flying in your face (just don't open your mouth, it tasted like soap.) it was alright, nothing to die for.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Ireviewstuff
Thank you for visiting Ripley's 5D Moving Theater... We appreciate your feedback. Thanks for taking the time to review us!
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“MOVEMENT”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This attraction is loud and moves very fast, the seats shake and bump. If you are looking for fast action and bumpy seats, this attraction has it all. My Grandson LOVED it.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank MaryannG2
Ottawa, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Lots of fun, but expensive”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

First, if you suffer from motion sickness, or really, really, hate roller-coasters, give this attraction a miss-- it features 2 simulated roller-coaster-type movies. The "5D" refers to regular 3D movie + motion + some sensory stuff. I had a blast, but at $15 it should last more than 15 minutes! And they played the first movie twice, as they had to stop in the middle to let someone with motion-sickness leave.

I went with three kids-- two teens and a pre-teen. They loved it. I enjoyed it, but didn't enjoy how much I shelled out. If you're there to have fun, go. If you're on a strict budget, you might want to think twice.

Visited December 2013