“I Don't Like Heights!”

Myrtle Beach SkyWheel
Ranked #4 of 123 things to do in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Elevate Your Perspective! High above the beach and far from the stresses of everyday life awaits an unforgettable experience that soars over 20 stories above the Atlantic Ocean. The SkyWheel features 42 climate-controlled gondolas that offer an uplifting experience for children and adults of all ages. Open day and night, 363 days a year!
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was terrified. But I knew that going in. The gondolas are roomy, seat up to six people. I think it is a bit overpriced. We had a two dollar off each person coupon so that made it forty-four dollars for us. The wheel went around five times. It is very tall and I don't recommend it for people who don't care for heights. I won't ride it again. The views were awesome, once I could bring myself to look!

Write a ReviewReviews (6,493)
All reviews
"afraid of heights"
in 235 reviews
"climate controlled"
in 125 reviews
"great view of the beach"
in 71 reviews
in 112 reviews
"cars"
in 374 reviews

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were excited and very impressed with the Myrtle Beach board walk. It is continually being extended. Great perk for the hotels, stores and restaurants along the boardwalk. We didn't ride the skywheel this time but it is something we would like to do in the future. Had a great lunch outdoors at the mexican restaurant Banditos and the prices were reasonable. Even had live music. Look forward to seeing the boardwalk extend even further north. It's a must do!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Very disappointed that even in offseason they wanted $13 to ride this!? It is a landmark I understand - but, that seems to be taking advantage IMHO.

3  Thank beardogmom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My wife & I has an Awesome Experience there at the SkyWheel, We bought our tickets in advance so we would not have to stand in line. Well, when we got there there wasn't anyone in line. We only had to wait just a few minutes to board the Skywheel. Once we were in our car & were on our way, the view just takes your breath away. I recommend going during the day instead of night time just because.

We had a $2 off coupon that we got from the "Monster coupon book"
Also,Military and senior discounts are available for tickets purchased only onsite

We really enjoyed it.
Last but not least,we couldn't have picked better weather the day that we were there.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I dont usually go for the touristy trap attractions like a ferris wheel. However, the Skywheel is very cool. Well worth the $13 fee. Each capsule is clean, has heat/AC which is real nice. The view of the strip ar unbeleivable. they advertise that each ride is 3 times around, Ours was 4. Its a very stable and solid ride, no moving around and swining like the old ones.