“Good food and not so touristy!!”

Hana Teppanyaki House
Ranked #141 of 869 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Authentic Japanese Cuisine at affordable prices; everything is freshly prepared.
Ajax, Canada
“Good food and not so touristy!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Dinner was great, nice size portions with extra to take back to the hotel for lunch. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Was not overly busy and allowed for a nice relaxed dinner away from the hustle and bustle of Myrtle Beach.

Girard, Ohio, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Japanese Food!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We are here in Myrtle Beach for our honeymoon. Since we have been here a couple of times we wanted to try out different restaurants and figured to see what Trip Advisor had to say and good thing we did! We LOVE japanese food back at home and to be honest Hana Teppanyaki is one of the best we have ever had! Our waitress was great and our food came out in a timely manner and is well priced. It's somewhat off the beaten path but worth the 20 minute drive from our condo! My husband even wants to get some to go to bring back home : )

Visited August 2013
1 Thank SarahRob2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, Usa
“Add on to TO GO order.”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My mother was just in to pick up two to go orders, when she returned with the food she realized she forgot to order a kids meal for her five year old granddaughter, my daughter. Upon calling back to add the order, the staff announced to me that we could not order just a child’s item to go and we would have to add an adult item. After explaining to the staff we were just in the restaurant and proceeded to described what my mother was wearing to jog their memory, the staff remembered the exact entrees' we ordered. GREAT MEMORY! However when the staff member asked her manager if we could order the child’s item the final answer was no, it needed to be ordered together. To my great disappointment, I will not eat there again because of the lack of customer service. The food is great, the atmosphere is great, and the owner even recognizes my face when I would go in to eat and this made me feel special. The inconvenience of not being able to add a quick kid’s meal was very disappointing to me. As a busy business owner myself I was really relying on the quick service of this restaurant as well as the good quality of food to feed my child. Good luck!

2 Thank H H
hana_teppanyaki, Owner at Hana Teppanyaki House, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
I'm apologize for lack staff training and mis-communication between my staff and chef which was manager at time. I would like to offer you a $25 gift card for you to come back as our regular customer again. In the future we are no longer offer kid's meal to go; they will only available for dine in customer with kid 10 years old or under. Because of children's entree we don't make any money from it. We certainly don't want to make our customer angry. Please! Give me a call that I can issue a card for you. Thank you! 843-903-5151

Hana Teppanyaki

Mickie Wang
Balerna
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good for price/quality”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were 8 ( 2 families) . Good choise and quality of meals from appetizers to dessert. Waitress very nice. Tip percentage not suggested.

“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

As other reviews have stated the location left us wondering if we had made a mistake, but as the old saying goes you can not judge a book by its cover! After walking in we were immediately greeted by the owner and seated. The restaurant is clean and simply decorated.The service is excellent. We started with spring rolls which were light,crispy and very tasty.The house soup is delicious, so much better than the standard egg drop soup. I would definitely recommend it, a must try! The steak and chicken were excellent.My lobster was a little salty and the noodles bland.I would definitely order the fried rice over the noodles.Would definitely go back and would highly recommend if you like hibachi.

1 Thank awaywegoNewJersey