“Best we've seen in a long time with exceptional service”

Hana Teppanyaki House
Ranked #25 of 936 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Japanese Cuisine at affordable prices; everything is freshly prepared.
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Off the beaten track, well worth the trouble to find. The meal was exceptional and very reasonable priced. Compared to the Myrtle Beach hodge podge of waffle and pancake houses, fast food and seafood, various rip-offs and tourist traps, Hana Teppanyaki is a unique.

4  Thank HorseDoctor

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I thought the restaurant was very good, but not too sure about #1 in the Myrtle Beach area. It is a bit difficult to find but worth it.

Service was excellent as was the strip steak. The soup (both Miso and House soup), sounded much better than they really were. The vegetables were cooked perfectly!

1  Thank trlane
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My fiance and I visited Hana Teppanyaki again last night and have nothing but good to say about our experience. We happened to go during the early bird hours and managed to have an exceptional meal for under $20... how often does that happen? Miso soup is such a simple thing so it may be strange to say this, but theirs was the bset I've ever had (far and beyond anything else in Myrtle Beach). The chicken hibachi and shrimp were also GREAT. The service, also, was top notch: Allie was incredibly friendly and very prompt, and was one of those servers who could sense her customers' wants before they asked. We were very impressed both both her and by the owner, who came over to say "hello" before we left. Thank you both! This will definitely become one of our regular spots in Myrtle Beach.

2  Thank Maa-dee91
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This restaurant is one of those restaurants that you PRAY never becomes discovered by other tourists in Myrtle Beach. This restaurant is one of my favorite restaurants in Myrtle Beach. I love that this restaurant is a bit difficult to find. Even with GPS, you will not find this restaurant easily at first, but trust me, the search is worth it. My family and I had to drive around the area twice before we found it. The restaurant is small and does not stand out. Entering the restaurant, I could tell that this restaurant was a local favorite and not an annoyingly crowded restaurant.
My family and I love the amazing services, especially for kids. When we sat down, I thought one of the coolest thing was to cover the entire table with white paper for the kids to draw and color on. This kept my kids busy until our food came out. Our waitress Valerie is amazing. She is so amazing that my wife had struck a fun conversation about Texas and steak. Valerie thought my wife was from Texas, but my wife told her that she lived there. Valerie is from Texas, and my wife asked if she knew what marble steak was. Valerie never even heard about marble steak, but my wife informed her. Also, my wife and Valerie talked about my kids our kids Halloween customs. Even the owners came out to talk to my kids.
I love, love (Did I mentioned LOVED?) the food at this restaurant. Everything is fresh and delicious. My family and and I ordered gyoza (A must try!) I order the house soup, 8 oz New York steak, shrimp, and noodles. My wife order chicken, shrimp, rice, and miso soup. My daughter received chicken. Everything came in amazing portions that we were stuffed. We were very stuff that Valerie asked us if we wanted dessert knowing that we would not asked for dessert (She told us that most people who eat at this restaurant do not order dessert often). The price is very reasonable for the amount of food and quality of service my family and I received. I tipped 20% to Valerie because my family and I had a divine experience.
I hope that this restaurant stays in the crouching tiger, hidden dragon mode because I plan on visiting this restaurant again, again, and again every time I visit Myrtle Beach.

1  Thank Black0ut1983
Reviewed October 25, 2012

From the moment you arrive you feel like you're in a very welcome environment. The staff, including the owner, will greet you to make you feel comfortable. The food is prepared by one of the owners while the other takes care of the service and they are a great team. The food is fresh, very tasty and prepared the way you ordered it. Wonderful flavors of soups, salads, entrees and appetizers. The servers are wonderful as well. I go there often and cannot say enough great things about this restaurant.

1  Thank wimhpastoor