“Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hana Teppanyaki House

Hana Teppanyaki House
Ranked #137 of 868 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Authentic Japanese Cuisine at affordable prices; everything is freshly prepared.
Greenville, North Carolina
“Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

This restaurant is one of those restaurants that you PRAY never becomes discovered by other tourists in Myrtle Beach. This restaurant is one of my favorite restaurants in Myrtle Beach. I love that this restaurant is a bit difficult to find. Even with GPS, you will not find this restaurant easily at first, but trust me, the search is worth it. My family and I had to drive around the area twice before we found it. The restaurant is small and does not stand out. Entering the restaurant, I could tell that this restaurant was a local favorite and not an annoyingly crowded restaurant.
My family and I love the amazing services, especially for kids. When we sat down, I thought one of the coolest thing was to cover the entire table with white paper for the kids to draw and color on. This kept my kids busy until our food came out. Our waitress Valerie is amazing. She is so amazing that my wife had struck a fun conversation about Texas and steak. Valerie thought my wife was from Texas, but my wife told her that she lived there. Valerie is from Texas, and my wife asked if she knew what marble steak was. Valerie never even heard about marble steak, but my wife informed her. Also, my wife and Valerie talked about my kids our kids Halloween customs. Even the owners came out to talk to my kids.
I love, love (Did I mentioned LOVED?) the food at this restaurant. Everything is fresh and delicious. My family and and I ordered gyoza (A must try!) I order the house soup, 8 oz New York steak, shrimp, and noodles. My wife order chicken, shrimp, rice, and miso soup. My daughter received chicken. Everything came in amazing portions that we were stuffed. We were very stuff that Valerie asked us if we wanted dessert knowing that we would not asked for dessert (She told us that most people who eat at this restaurant do not order dessert often). The price is very reasonable for the amount of food and quality of service my family and I received. I tipped 20% to Valerie because my family and I had a divine experience.
I hope that this restaurant stays in the crouching tiger, hidden dragon mode because I plan on visiting this restaurant again, again, and again every time I visit Myrtle Beach.

1 Thank Black0ut1983

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great place for frequent meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

From the moment you arrive you feel like you're in a very welcome environment. The staff, including the owner, will greet you to make you feel comfortable. The food is prepared by one of the owners while the other takes care of the service and they are a great team. The food is fresh, very tasty and prepared the way you ordered it. Wonderful flavors of soups, salads, entrees and appetizers. The servers are wonderful as well. I go there often and cannot say enough great things about this restaurant.

1 Thank wimhpastoor
Parsons, Kansas
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was a little concerned because they weren't very busy on a Sunday night, and the ambience is nothing to brag about. The food was wonderful, and the service beyond wonderful. Valerie was vivacious, and the owner came over for a very nice chat. A great value for the money,

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank VINCENT M
Rockville, Maryland
“Super Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

As we were driving to our hotel, we saw a lot of hibachi steak places. It made us want to have it on our first night. We used tripadvisor the find out the best and Hana is number 2, we tried it Sunday night and we were not disappointed. The service was awesome, the filet is the best. We had ordered extra side of noodles and filet and it came out very quickly. One thing we had observe too is that the quality of food didn't go down at the end of the day. We came in past 9 on a Sunday evening and the food was superb. We liked it so much that we came back the following Tuesday. We tried the miso and the house soup of egg drop with corn and chicken. Both are great. We will definitely come back and enjoy the food. It's family owned and its a small business that knows what it's doing. Definitely a gem in myrtle beach.

2 Thank ConnieBaylon
Long Island, NY
“See for Yourself!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We read the T/A reviews and found out what everyone else already knows. Hana Teppanyaki is a must visit. Although a little off the beaten path, well worth the extra effort to find it. Our server Valerie, was a delight and knew the menu very well. We started off with a soup, egg, corn and bacon and it was excellent. The salad with ginger was fantastic. For our entrees we both had the filet mignon, scallops and shrimp hibachi style. It came with about a half a dozen dipping sauces. The filet was cooked excactly as ordered and the fried rice was perfectly cooked. The portions were well above avergae. Our response to our entire meal was nothing but fantastic with a guaranteed re-visit on our next trip to Myrtle.

• 4 of 5 bubbles