“Snake like Bartenders and Staff Ripping Customers OFF!!!!!”
Review of Carlos'n Charlie's - CLOSED

Carlos'n Charlie's
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between 21st. Ave N. & 29th Ave N
Transit: The Grand Strand area offers bus service transportation through The Coast RTA and Lymo Bus Service. More than 80 buses service routes to major tourist destinations.
Description: Located at Broadway at the Beach.
Reviewed November 18, 2012

If I had the money I would sue the crap out of this resturant! A friend brought us out for her birthday there because they were supposely serving $1 Vodka, Right when we got to the door they charged 7 of us $5 a piece to get in, which we r locals and are never charged a door fee at broadway, The 2 men at the door said because we r doing $1 Vodkas. So I go to the bar and buy 4 of us 2 rounds of vodka shots. I bought 8 shots total. When I get my bill it says I bought 26 shots that were 85 cents a piece! I was floored I went to speak to the bartender and she gave me alot of bad mouth and said its because the shots are $4 and the drinks are $1. We requested the manager and they said there is no manager? They had a guard force me to sign the bill which they printed out a second bill that didn't show they charged me for the 26 shots and they gave me alot of bad mouth cursing and treating me and my friend like crap. What the bartender did was charged me triple the amount for the shots I actually got and lied with the rest of the staff. I am a local and I would never ever recommend this place to anybody, Stay away from this snake hole of a business! I have heard nothing but bad things about this place...

2  Thank GypsyBorn
There are newer reviews for Carlos'n Charlie's

Reviewed November 11, 2012

First...I gave this restaurant an average rating only by comparing it to a Taco Bell or other mexican restaurants. More specifically, the food is only positive is the volume...all be it greatly overpriced. So, if you are a big eater this may work for you. Just not quality plates we chose. Combined with a very loud atmosphere and a male wait staff giving "lap dances" to a pair of female diners with children in the restaurant in unacceptable. And a mexican restaurant that has no mint to make a mojito?? New! If you crave mexican...not my reccomendation.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Dropped in for a few drinks and an afternoon snack. AWESOME Margarita!! The Conga Margaritas, got a small, should have gotten the Yard. Also ordered Charlie’s Quesadilla! Again, AWESOME! Chicken, steak, and sausage with lots on cheese!! It was early afternoon so it was pretty quiet, but our bartender was quick and the food came out fast!
You have to check out the bar stools! Instead of wooden legs they mannequin like legs so from behind everyone looks like they are in heels, some even sport thigh high stockings. I think this place could be great fun as the night grows later and the drink flow!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stopped in on a Saturday night for a drink and we thought about possibly getting some appetizers. The place smelled so gross, like someone had recentely puked at the bar. The bar and menu was also quite dirty and sticky. We had one drink and we were out of there. Bartendar was friendly but that was the ONLY positive thing about the place.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

food and atmosphere didn't live up to my expectations at all. It felt too much like a chain restaurant, which it is, I guess I just thought it would be better. Plus it was way overpriced. An appetizer and entree could easily land you over $30 for lunch.