“ok place”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between 21st. Ave N. & 29th Ave N
Transit: The Grand Strand area offers bus service transportation through The Coast RTA and Lymo Bus Service. More than 80 buses service routes to major tourist destinations.
Description: Located at Broadway at the Beach.
Charlottesville, Virginia
“ok place”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Nothing special. I think we just picked the wrong place to eat. It was more of a bar atmosphere. I did think it was too much money for what we got. My husband said the burgers were great. But as for Mexican food it did not hit the top of the list for me.

Visited August 2012

PA
“Not so good.”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband, 16 year old daughter and her 16 year old friend were here in early August. The music was way too loud and the food was not very good. I would suggest going somewhere else. Hard Rock is better than this place.

Visited August 2012
raleigh
“Forced Hat Sharing is not my bag”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is supposed to be a fun place and they emphasize that by placing sombreros on the heads of all their patrons. As the sombreros are re-used my first thought is icky...so I refused. Overall I am not a fan of any restaurant that feels the need to force "the fun" on its patrons. But there were some who clearly enjoyed it so if that is your thing, you may like this place. Next the food. Meh. The drinks were ok. The food was blah Mexican. Overall typical chain eatery-consistent, decent but not memorable. Also, attracts a party crowd. So if you like wearing communal sombreros, drinking until you cannot tast the food-this may be your place. I will pass on a second visit.

• Visited September 2011
Riverview, Florida
“Very Quiet for a Carlos N Charlies”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stopped here for lunch while on vacation. My son picked it because he loves the one in Cozumel, Mexico. He was a little disappointed due to how quiet it was and was expecting it to be a big party like in Mexico. He still wanted to stay so he could get a "Virgin Mango Yard" so we decided to stay and eat. We shared the tacos which were really good. We asked for no peppers in them but they had them anyway however they gave a little kick and ended up enjoying them with it! My husband ordered the burrito with refried beans and rice. He enjoyed but was a little big for lunch. We all had drinks. I had the cadillac margarita which was wonderful. My husband ordered the hurricane at the suggestion of the waiter due to them not being able to make a mojito because they forgot to order mint. He enjoyed the hurricane but really wanted a mojito. My son (9yrs) ordered the YARD of Virgin Mango Daquiri. He drank every inch of it!

My tip: Get the coupon book. Its free and you can get a free appetizer with the coupon!

• Visited August 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Drinks”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I stopped here during a recent vacation to Myrtle Beach. We wanted to splurge and get "The Yard", and Senor Frogs was too loud and obnoxious for our taste. Carlos'n Charlie's offered outdoor seating, which is right up our alley.

We sat on the patio, which was a great spot for people watching at Broadway at the Beach. We both ordered a drink served in The Yard, which was fun since we mostly stick to wine and beer, and hardly ever order fun, fruity drinks. Our waiter was hilarious and very attentive. The drinks were great, although a little on the pricy side - $15! We did get to keep the glass, and it was a large drink, so not a huge deal.

If you do not like the "club vibe" at Senor Frogs, definitely come to Carlos'n Charlie's if you are looking for a Yard - lots of fun!

• Visited August 2012