“The Beach's Best Kept Secret”
Review of Taste-n-See Country Soul Food - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Taste-n-See Country Soul Food
Cuisines: American
Description: What? No soul food category? This is a fairly new restaurant a little off the beaten track in Myrtle Beach. There is a knock-out buffet. The restaurant also delivers. This is some of the best Southern cooking I've ever had. For real food and good value, it is a must-visit in Myrtle Beach. Seriously, when I finish my trip and head back north in few weeks, I'm thinking of detouring to eat there one more time. The owner, Earl, is a very special person, too. The ambiance is neighborhood, formica tables. It is a friendly spot.
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I was craving good country cooking and they delivlered above and beyond! The soul food is honest to God soul food! This is what southern cooking is supposed to taste like! Their macaroni and cheese is REAL mac and cheese, not that out-of-the-box stuff you get in most places. The meats (we had smothered pork chops, fried chicken and neck bones just to name a few) were SO GOOD! And I cannot forget to mention the beef stew! It was AMAZING! We realized half way through the meal that we never had to reach for the salt or pepper once because everything was seasoned PERFECTLY! They are a little hole-in-the-wall place with no sign out front and mismatched dishes, but it is seriously the best thing I have eaten on my trip! And it was the best deal for the money. And they deliver if you dont want to go out. Do not come to Myrtle Beach without trying them out!

Reviewed April 5, 2011

This restaurant is tucked away in a quiet neighborhood in Myrtle Beach. It is a relaxed, formica table top neighborhood place where everybody knows everybody. After you've been a time or two, you will too! There is an excellent buffet with all the soul food favorites made from the freshest ingredients. If you don't feel like going out, they deliver. This restaurant is the perfect antidote to al the chain restaurants and beach food.