“Would definitely stay again”
Review of Aqua Beach Inn

Aqua Beach Inn
Ranked #44 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Room was very clean, pretty roomy, kitchen was great, pool was very nice, location was great....the hotel needs another elevator and the parking isnt great but liveable. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tarra D, General Manager at Aqua Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you for taking time and posting your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and looking forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay here. The room was clean and it was nice how it faced the ocean and we had a great view on the 9th floor. Balcony was nice with a table and a chair (most balconies had 2 chairs, it was weird how we only had 1) The kitchenette was awesome to have and the beds were comfortable. The sheets on one of the beds must have been new though because they were very rough. The pillows were a little on the thin side too. Bathroom was nice and spacious and again clean. It was annoying because our room smelled like smoke often. I am not sure if it was coming in thru the air conditioning but suspect it might have been from our neighbors smoking on their balcony. Elevator was slow and that was annoying. They should have another for the size of the hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful. Pool area was nice. Location convenient to the beach and a lot of attractions although this is more of a crazy area, then a family friendly one. I would definitely return to this hotel for a few day stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ISellSyn

Thank you for taking time to post your review on your stay. We value your comments and strive to make your stay a great experience. Aqua Beach staff looks forward to seeing you again in the future and hopes your next visit will be even better. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Booked via bookit.com. Got a great deal. Hotel was in a good location. Had ocean view without being directly on the ocean. Clean as well. Friendly staff. Pool area was clean and neat. The kitchen and fridge saved us time and money.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank JMays95

I just wanted to thank you for taking time to share your experience of your recent stay at Aqua Beach Inn. I am so glad your enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back again real soon.

We strive to make each and every moment a great experience during your vacation.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at the Aqua Beach Inn and its just as good as the first time. If you are looking for a small hotel with ocean views this is the place for you. The hotel has 11 floors, we stayed on the 4th and the views were pretty good. Note that you are right in the midst of all the action so it is pretty noisy outside until 1AM. If you have your a/c on in your room it certainly helps to drown out the noise. The room comes equipped with a full fridge, 2 burners, huge microwave, dishes, pots, cutlery. The hotel is quite strict in terms of noise (after 10pm will not be tolerated), # of items supplied in kitchen (if you take something or break something you will be charged) and if you do not wash your dishes they will charge you. There are 2 parking lots, one where the hotel is located and the other behind the hotel in a lot. If you drive a large vehicle I suggest parking in the lot as the spaces at the hotel are quite close together. There is only 1 elevator so sometimes there is a bit of a wait. When we checked in there was only 1 luggage trolley (front desk said there are normally 5 but the whole time we were there we saw maximum 3). The people at the front desk are very accommodating & friendly. There is a computer in the lobby for everyone's use, as well as hot coffee and hot water. We had issues with housekeeping twice (rooms not cleaned by 3pm) but aside from that the rooms were cleaned quite well. We did not make use of the pool but it is quite a nice area with a lot of chairs around for sunning. All in all, a great value for a great location.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have better views but there is a surcharge as well.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bridgetmtl

I wanted to personally thank you for taking time out of your day to share about your stay. We take your comments and feedback of your stay very seriously and will address each one.

The staff and I at Aqua Beach look forward to seeing you on your next visit and hope it is even better.

Again Thank you,

Aqua Beach Inn

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel is in a perfect location. I am not sure why people complained about the parking, it is right behind the hotel. Staying here you get the best views of Myrtle Beach. You can see the beach, and all the activity on the boardwalk. The hotel is average. The staff was nice. I would not recommend for families with young children, unless you stay on lower floors. We had an Executive Suite through Groupon. Our first room was located between two groups of people who came together to party. We heard them swearing through the walls. The cleaning staff does not clean the balconies. We had found trash on the one in the first room, and a pool ball beneath the a/c unit. We were moved to another room on the 11th floor. Our new room's refrigerator did not close all the way, so the food we had in it spoiled. The hotel has a "guests must wash dishes" policy, that is not convenient because you have very little counter space to dry the dishes. This hotel is perfect for young adults, but not too family friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Aqua Beach. I apologize for the issues you shared on your review. I have addressed your issues to our department heads and assure you we take complaints very serious. There is no excuse for rooms not being cleaned properly and I have taken steps to ensure this will not happen again.
A lot of our guest stay because of our location and the fact we are in the center of all the down town attractions. You are correct we are not a quite get away during the peak season . We hope that we will see you again when you decide to visit the Myrtle Beach area.
Again I thank you for taking time to share your experience.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The view was very nice, I like that all rooms have an ocean view. As I always do, I review based on comfort, this hotel had horrible beds and pillows, half of their staff was nice, the other half had the personality of a rock. The housekeepers didn't
really clean anything, actually when we got there the pillows and some towels were still dirty. There is only one elevator and if you are on anything but the high level you have to wait until everyone is done going up before you can go down. You can hear nearly everything the people in the room next to you is saying. We got the fortune of being next to teenagers who yelled, swore and taught my kids new bad words. We told one lady who said "we don't allow that here" we will kick them out for doing that. Then, when I was asking for a new room those kids came down swearing right in front of the rep.
Anyway, it is a good room if you can get a groupon for it, don't pay full price.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Dnourie

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Aqua Beach. I apologize for the issues you shared on your review. I have addressed your issues to our department heads and assure you we take complaints very serious. I have taken steps to ensure this will not happen again.
Again I thank you for taking time to share your experience.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Aqua Beach Inn and would most likely stay there again.I had booked a hotel before I got to MB, SC and unfortunately did not like what I walked into. After canceling at that hotel, I phoned the Aqua Beach Inn and was delighted I had a safe clean place to rest my sleepy head. The hotel desk clerk "KACIE" was very helpful in booking my room. Easy access to everything the beach had to offer. The pictures you see on the internet are exactly as it is. I would recommend to friends and family. I will be going back next year with friends and hope they allow me to pick the place to stay!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Kimberley,

Thank you for taking time to post your review. I am glad you had a good experience and hope to see you back real soon.

The staff and I strive in making every stay a great memory.