“Recent Trip” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #54 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Recent Trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel was in the perfect place, especially when traveling with teens who are old enough to venture out on their own. There is a lot to do right around the hotel and it is very lively.
All in all, I got what I paid for, so I am not disappointed in the value. However, there are some things that could have been much better and would have been good customer service. The towels were the worst I have ever used in a hotel (and I travel a lot). Not only were they not fresh, they were hard, scratchy, and paper thin. The refrigerator door would not stay closed and then the bathroom had a horrible musty smell to the point that no one wanted to go in there.
The beds were made daily by a very friendly housekeeping staff, but the bathroom was not cleaned. It was not clean when we checked in either.
The front desk staff was super friendly when I checked in on the 29th, but she was the only friendly one when it came to front desk staff.
The air conditioner broke the day after arrival and when I called the front desk, the maintenance man was knocking on the door within 5 minutes and had it fixed. He even told me that if it went back out that he would leave his evening job to come back and replace the unit if needed. He had outstanding customer service!
I would stay at the Aqua Beach Inn again for a quick trip, but I would plan for a different hotel if I were staying longer. I think better towels and cleaner bathrooms would have changed my opinion, but when there could have been many other things wrong I am happy to report there were just a few.
I would give the Hotel a "C" for comfort and an "A" for location.

Room Tip: All the rooms face the beach. The higher up you are, the better your view of the beach and the livel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tarra D, General Manager at Aqua Beach Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Aqua Beach. I apologize for the issues you shared on your review. I have addressed your issues to our department heads and assure you we take complaints very serious. There is no excuse for rooms not being cleaned properly and I have taken steps to ensure this will not happen again.

Tarra Drost

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Im very dissatisfied with how they front desk girl named Jessica was acting I know they was lots of things going on but she had no right saying to white couple that was in front of me it wouldnt be happening if it wasnt BLACK BIKE WEEK and these BLACK people need to hurry up a leave. I was very upset that I was disrepected like that and embarrassed because I wasn't here for bike week I was here for a funeral. Other than the rude front desk lady our room on 11th floor was very clean and the housekeeper, sally. The irob in our room didn't work but our housekeeper brought us two more irons which still did not work like they should. Fantastic view of them.ocean and sky wheel. Would probably stay again but they really need to get rid of rude front desk clerk.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank euf1886
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Aqua Beach. I apologize for the issues you shared on your review. I have addressed your issues and I am so sorry you were offended. I assure you we take complaints very serious. I personally have taken steps to ensure this will not happen again.

Sparta, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband, daughter, and I recently stayed 3 nights at Aqua Beach Inn. We stayed on the top (11th) floor. The view was breathtaking! As soon as we walked into the room, we saw the Atlantic Ocean. The room itself was very nice, and very clean. The pool area was nice, plenty of tables but it doesn't face the ocean. 2 minute walk to the beach and boardwalk was very convenient.

The only negatives we found were that there was only 1 elevator, and more times than not you had to wait quite a few minutes for it, the fridge in our room was not working properly (not cold enough), and we wished there was a continental breakfast.

Other than that we were very impressed with this hotel. Great location. Good price.

Room Tip: Don't go during bike week! Very loud!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I just wanted to thank you for your feedback on your visit to our property. We take your comments very serious to strive on making your stay a great experience.
The entire staff and I look forward to your next visit and hope it is even better than the last stay.

Again thank you for taking the time to post about your stay.

Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

You cannot beat the location, right by the beach, just in front of the 14th pier where there is a great restaurant. A minute walk from the skywheel. If you get a beachside room, you have an ideal location to take photos of the skywheel at night as well.

The service is top notch. I left my tripod in the room. But they mailed it back to me. Cannot thank them enough.

We booked through a living social deal, excellent deal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Enamul H
North Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Chcked in Saturday May 18th and you know what that means it's the end of Bike Week 2013 and what a party at the Boardwalk there was! There were tons of things to do.

ABI is always clean, staff is always nice and we always have a good time. It's also affordable and you can walk almost any direction and find something to do.

Our visit this time has been great! Cant wait to come back.

Room Tip: 9th Floor or above in the rt corner. If you want quiet go to the other side.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Holly418
Just wanted to thank you for your post on your stay in May. We appreciate your feedback and happy your enjoyed your stay. The entire staff and I look forward to your next visit.

Thank you for staying at Aqua Beach Inn.

Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

The hotel is nice, but the bar and restaurant across from it was really loud and made it difficult to get to sleep! Bikes were parked all over the lot across from the hotel and everyone had to gun their engine when they arrived and left! I made the mistake of picking bike week, but it won't happen again! lol

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower level are noisy!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Hockeyfaninsc
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Aqua Beach. .
Because of location of the property there is some noise from the Blvd. we would suggest maybe next visit to request a higher floor. A lot of our guest stay because of our location and the fact we are in the center of all the down town attractions. You are correct we are not a quite get away during the peak season . We hope that we will see you again when you decide to visit the Myrtle Beach area.

Selma, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Excellent lodging. I had a coupon i had bought from Living Social & the hotel was more than i expected. Very clean,excellent location & the staff was wonderful. I could walk to anywhere i needed to go. Will definitely stay there again. Would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was quiet with excellent view of the ocean & ferris wheel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank twinkles1Selma_NC
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Aqua Beach. A lot of our guest stay because of our location and the fact we are in the center of all the down town attractions. n . We hope that we will see you again when you decide to visit the Myrtle Beach area.