“WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!”

Ranked #39 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Montreal, Canada
“WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

This was our 2nd trip to Myrtle Beach and having stayed at a not so great hotel last year, we were very pleased when we arrived at the Aqua Beach Inn. From check in to check out we have only fantastic things to say about this hotel. The front desk personnel were extremely helpful & friendly...we were travelling with another couple and were told that our adjoining rooms would be on the 7th floor. Upon check-in those rooms were not ready so we were automatically given adjoining rooms on the 11th floor at no extra charge!!! The lobby's decor is tastefully done which extends to the rooms. From the beautiful large comfy beds, to the granite counters & gorgeous kitchen (complete with fridge, burners, microwave (big enough to cook a turkey!!!), pots & pans, & dishes) to the spectacular view of the ocean.....we were in heaven!!!!! We thought being so close to the Pier and the Sky Watch ferris wheel that the noise would be a problem but nothing could have been further from the truth. Did I happen to mention the view LOL!!! I cannot say enough about the housekeeping staff.....what a great bunch of ladies, who worked long hours,always had a smile on their face and were extremely friendly!! ANd even though there was only 1 elevator, we never had to wait long from the 11th floor. We unfortunately did not have enough time to take advantage of the beautiful pool or the hot tub. What else can I say but that we cannot wait to go back next year to our new "home away from home"!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bridgetmtl
sherylkluge, Director of Sales at Aqua Beach Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your wonderful review of the Aqau beach Inn.
We are very proud of the hotel and strive to exceed every guests expectations.

On behalf of the management company adn the hotel staff I thank you for your business and we all look forward to seeign you next year.

Sheryl Kluge
Regional Director of Sales
Strand Development Company

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Reviewed July 2, 2011

The hotel is in a good location. The service is horrible went we got there to check in the rooms was not ready so we have to wait for almost a hour. There was no towels available to any guest. The room service never clean up my room during my three day stay. Even if you ask for something you want get it so don’t bother. I have stay in hotel all as the United States and this was my worst stay ever.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank lynard98
jamesaquabeach, General Manager at Aqua Beach Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2011
I would like to take a chance to say how sorry I am to hear of this experience. We take great pride in our customer service and in our housekeeping department. I have already shared your review with all of our staff and have meet with each housekeeper to ensure that this will not happen. It is unacceptable for this to happen to any of our guest. Our goal is to make everyone have the most enjoyable stay ever, and I am so sorry we fell short of our goal with you. Please give me a call at 843-916-1301. I would love to talk to you about your experienced and personally invite you back to let us show you how this property truly operates. You may also reach me by email at jmiller@sdchotels.com.
James Miller
Aqua Beach Inn
Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed July 1, 2011

My family stayed for 4 nights. Look no further it was great!! Our room overlooked the ocean and at night the Ferris wheel on the Boardwalk is just just beautiful. Not directly on the beach but just across the street- so convenient. Swimming pool and Hot tub were very clean and relaxing. Room was spotless with a kitchen with full size refrigerator, cook top and full utensils. The beds were the BEST!! The staff was very friendly. We will be back again for sure.

Room Tip: 6th floor had a great view of the ocean
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Marieluvsthesun
jamesaquabeach, General Manager at Aqua Beach Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2011
I want to thank you for the review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with. Your review has been shared with the entire staff. We take great pride in offering outstanding customer service and clean rooms, including our pool and spa areas. We think the beds are the “Best” as well. Thank you again and we look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed July 1, 2011

The staff was both personal and professional. This hotel is well-priced and located in the heart of the strip, directly across the street from the beach, which is perfect. The lobby was very nice, but I didn't expect that to be a direct reflection of the room, as most times it isn't. This hotel re-invests in comfort and appearance. The room was exceptionally clean and the bed had these plush mattresses you can't help but love. Large flatscreen, balcony, granite countertops, two-eyed flat-top stove, complimentary pots & pans, coffee maker, full refrigerator, and decorative fixtures are but a few of the items I enjoyed. The price was awesome and the room was remarkable; it was barefoot clean, figuratively speaking. As a military man on the move, I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels but Aqua Beach Inn comes with my highest recommendation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank My-Beach-Hotel
I want to thank you for the review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with. Your review has been shared with the entire staff. I am happy to say that I think we have one of the best housekeeping departments on the beach. It is our goal to offer great service and clean comfortable rooms to every guest. We look forward to having you back again in the near future
Martinsville, Virginia
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I would have to say my favorite thing about the room at Auqa Beach Inn was the beds. They are AWESOME! Second, is the view. You would think your on the ocean but your not! A plus there! The room was very nice. Plenty of counter space in the bathroom. The kitchen was up to date! Very nice. The staff keeps a close watch on the pools chemical levels. (That's important to me.) And the staff kept things clean. The Manager, James Miller, is an outstanding person. He will go out of his way to make sure things are right. The only thing I can say that would make Aqua Beach Inn a 10 is add another elevator!

Room Tip: I like the 11th floor better than the 3rd.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank gina2969
jamesaquabeach, General Manager at Aqua Beach Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Pool chemicals are a priority of our maintenance department, and I am glad that allowed you to enjoy our pool during your stay with us. Your reviews matter and we are in the process of getting set up to add another elevator this winter. The views are AWESOME, even though we are not Oceanfront. Thank you again and we look forward to having you back with us soon.
Charleston, wv
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My family and I had a great time. Aqua Beach Inn is close to everything...very comfortable and the staff is very accomodating! the only complaint I would have is that the wi-fi kinda sucked.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
jamesaquabeach, General Manager at Aqua Beach Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
I wanted to thank you for your response. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you found our wifi unsatisfactory. We have and are continuing to take steps to improve our wifi system. This includes adding more powerful antennas and switches this past week, to increase signal throughout the hotel. We strive to offer the best in all aspects of our hotel and appreciate you letting us know about the issue you experienced. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here May 31st thru June 3rd this year and we were so pleasantly surprised at this hotel. First off, the location is so great. It's not beach front, but all one has to do is take a short stroll across the street to the beach. You don't have to walk through alot of vendors, or pedestrian traffic to get to the beach either. It was in very close proximity to the Landshark restaurant which is awesome, but also in a great place where you can watch people ride the sling shot, which is entertaining in and of itself. Secondly, the staff is incredibly helpful and attentive. The bed in our room was out of this world and felt like we were sleeping on top of a marshmallow! We loved this hotel so much so that we will definitely be back, and hope they keep the level of excellence that we experienced during our stay. Thank you to the Aqua Beach Inn staff, you guys are great!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Angel617
I wanted to take the time to thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on clean comfortable rooms, and a great staff to take care of you. It is great being located around so many great places like the Land Shark Grill, The Skywheel, and the Slingshot. We are glad you enjoyed the room and the Comfortable bed. We will continue to strive to be at the top when it comes to customer service and a beautiful property. Thank you again, we look forward to having you back in the near future.