“Great Place for those who love to Go!”
Review of Aqua Beach Inn

Aqua Beach Inn
Ranked #39 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Place for those who love to Go!”
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I'm the adventurous type that doesn't waste my time sitting around a hotel room so I don't feel it's necessary to stay at an overpriced resort making Aqua Beach Inn the perfect place to stay! With an ocean view, basic amenities, and a reasonably priced room it's all you really need! We would definitely return!

Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank ScarlettBegonia99
jamesaquabeach, General Manager at Aqua Beach Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2011
The staff at Aqua Beach Inn wanted to say thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you found our property so accommodating to your needs as an on the go individual. We take pride in offering clean updated rooms, a courteous and helpful staff, and great rates. We look forward to seeing you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed June 8, 2011

After looking at numerous hotels, my friend and I were relieved to finally find a beautiful, adult place to stay. This is by far the cleanest and friendliest hotel to stay at. The view is great and the management wonderful. Come and enjoy Myrtle Beach at the Aqua Beach Inn, this place is great!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank themullett
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I booked and paid through bookit.com, and was told I'd have to leave a credit card for incidentals. When I checked out, the hotel charged my credit card for my stay. (I was charged twice for my stay.) When confronting the hotel manager (3 weeks ago now) about crediting my account back the money they charged my card, he has yet to do it. I think the hotel staff is incompetent, and it shows. I would recommend booking your stay with another hotel, because this one will cause you a big headache. Might I add, I was told I'm not the only this happened to, per hotel staff.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
2 Thank Krm2088
I want to apologize on behalf of myself and the staff at the Aqua Beach Inn. I understand your frustration with the double billing of your stay. This was a very unfortunate incident that did occur during the opening week of our property and our transition of credit card accounting systems, still there is no excuse for this to happen. Due to this incident we have new procedures to prevent this from happening again, and have all been retrained on the new procedures and policies steaming from this incident. We pride ourselves on great customer service and I am sorry that we fell short of our goals with your stay. I have tried to contact you concerning this matter and the fact that it took so long for a refund to process. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience to ensure we have a satisfactory outcome with this experience.

James Miller
Aqua Beach Inn
Covington, Kentucky
Reviewed May 24, 2011

When I vacation I typically care less about the room and more about location. My overall is average, but I do not complain as long as the air condition works and their are no bugs. Below are just facts not complaints:
1) Stepped off elevator on floor 8 and immeditate musty smell hit us in the face
2) Walked from elevator to room 806, the corridor to our room had no air condition. Very Hot
3) Glass in corridor outside room overlooking pool was badly cracked.
4) Had to jiggle handle on toilet to get bowl to fill up
5) Ice machine outside room....(actually nice for us, but noisy when other people used it.)
6) Only 2 drawers to put clothes in.
7) Bed was comfortable.

All in all, the price for a room ($59-$79) with an ocean view (not oceanfront) was great and I would stay there again, but will research other hotels before I book.

Room Tip: The 8th floor is highest preferred view room.
2 Thank Christopher W
sherylkluge, Director of Sales at Aqua Beach Inn, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate all your feedback.
We are adding sheers to the windows which should help decrease some of the heat in the hallways, we are also exploring different options for ventilation, as you can imagine those glass windows make it hard.The toilets are all brand new and due to your comment we have notified the company in regards to a possible faulty handle.Larger dressers are being looked into for the near future.
We are thankful to any guest who can give us suggestions on how to improve our hotel. We want to remain a premier hotel in Myrtle Beach.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Regional Director of Sales
Strand Development Company
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this brand new hotel! I was the first person to occupy my room, since they just opened May 12th. My room had a full kitchen - 2 burner ceramic-top stove, microwave, full-size fridge, coffee maker, plenty of pans and utensils, and 4 sets of tableware. I was on the 8th floor w/2 queen beds & lots of pillows, big TV, bath/shower w/ lovely soaps, shampoo, conditioner, & lotion, table and 2 chairs, and a balcony w/ more chairs & another table, w/ a great ocean view. Free parking.
The pool is wonderful - big and deep, in the midst of a bushy/screened-off-enclosed patio area w/ comfortable loungers, tables & chairs, BBQ, etc.
Everyone was so very nice and helpful. This was my first time to Myrtle beach, so I really had no idea what to expect. Obviously, this is not a quiet vacation spot: sling-shot ride, ferris wheel, merry-go-round cars, and hammer ride just right of the buillding. Silly me, it was also BIKER WEEK, so forget about sleeping. I'm sure the rest of the year is more reasonable, decibel-wise. Wroom-wroom! Even so, I had a great time, enjoying good food at Soho cafe on 21st - (happy hour food specials 4 - 7 were a real bargain... and be sure to try the volcano roll on fire - YUM!).
Although I was a solo traveler, I think this would be perfect for families with children. (Just watch them on the balcony!) I reserved through book-it.com, and got a killer deal. (Hotels.com appears to have the same pricing right now.) I highly recommend this perky new place.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank josanpu
sherylkluge, Director of Sales at Aqua Beach Inn, responded to this review, May 22, 2011
Thank you so much for your lovely review of our hotel. The entire staff is thrilled you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the noise from bike week. As you noted the rest of the year here in Myrtle Beach in quieter although we do have bikes all year. We hope since you loved your first stay in Myrtle Beach you will return and stay with us.
The fall months are wonderful here, still warm enough to enjoy the beach and sun yet not so crowded.
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I brought my 2 children to Myrtle Beach to have fun. We booked a room at the last minute and got a great deal. When we arrived we were happy to see the Ocean right across the street. There was also a huge Ferris Wheel and other rides just a couple of blocks away. The room had two large beds and a kitchen with large refrigerator and cooktop - a really nice setup. Great view of the Ocean and other attractions that are just beautiful at night. Swimming pool is heated and large- there is a large hot tub as well. The beach and weather was awesome. Staff was friendly

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank aaf83
On behalf of the general manager and entire staff of Aqua Beach Inn I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review of our hotel. We are also glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.
We will be running great specials all year, please call the hotel to explore these great offers.
Regional Director of Sales
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Aqua Beach Hotel on the second day after it opened. We booked a really great rate (grand opening special) of $69. The staff was very friendly and we were checked into room 706. The room was spacious and nicely decorated and had a full kitchen with large refrigerator, toaster, sink and cabinets. The views of the ocean, the boardwalk and new ferris wheel attraction were incredible. The bed was very comfortable and the bathrooms were new and modern done in granite. My only criticism was that the hotel does not offer breakfast just coffee. We walked across the street to the beach and the boardwalk- really convienent. The whirlpool was very relaxing.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor -hotel has great Oceanviews
3 Thank Maggy725
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review of the hotel.
In regards to breakfast we are reviewing the need to provide breakfast in the future, with the ful kitchens we did not believe our guests would want to pay more room rate for a small breakfast in the lobby. We do have a discount set up with the pancake house right in front of us for anyone who desires a full breakfast.
The management team is looking at every review and comment made by our guests and reviewing possible changes to improve our hotel.
The entire staff looks forward to seeing you again.