“Didn't get locked up this time”
Review of The Bowery

The Bowery
Ranked #169 of 898 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Description: When you want a fun place to spend your night after a long day at the many attractions in the area, The Bowery is a must-see. An adult, relaxed atmosphere, this Myrtle Beach nightclub is the perfect place for those who want to kick back and unwind. Although there is a lot to this bar, these are some of the aspects that makes locals keep on coming: • Great rock and country music throughout the night.• A wide range of beers and mixed drinks to whet your palate.• Interesting people and fun bartenders make this a great place to make friends.Although The Bowery is best known for its atmosphere, there is a bit of history involved with this bar. If you’ve heard of the band Alabama, then you know that their music can really command a room. The Bowery is actually where Alabama got it's start and where they spent many nights entertaining those who came there. You can even hear this bar mentioned in some of their songs! If you love the band Alabama, then you’ll surely want to visit The Bowery to get a taste of history. Another great thing about this nightclub is its location. The Bowery is located at 110 9th Ave. North, in Myrtle Beach right on the ocean, very close to some top rated Myrtle Beach condos. You’re so close to the water that you can actually get a really good view of the Atlantic Ocean while you’re there. With all of these reasons, there’s no reason not to visit. Open 7 Days a week from 11am-until in season.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The last time I went to the Bowery...the fuzz took me away in a 1967 ford. That was in 1967. Now 45 years later ..I've learned my limit. The beer is still cold and the gals left me alone. Maybe I'm getting old but the Bowery is a good place to remember or to make new memories.

1  Thank rebjag

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Had the best time visiting the Bowery during Myrtle Beach Bike Week. The band couldn't have been better and the service was excellent. Fast and friendly staff. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

This place is a joke. Maybe if you're a die hard Alabama fan, you could look past the terrible service and average food.

Walked up from the beach and got a table outside the bar for a quick bite. Forgot my I.D. back at the beach blanket (my own fault) and even though I'm visibly older than anyone in the place, including the employees, they wouldn't serve me a draft beer. I get it...it's the law. But after I walk all the way down to the beach to get it and come back, THEY DON'T EVEN CHECK IT?! Apparently, it's just the honor system if you walk through the hot sun twice to get a beer?? Oh, and Yuengling is only served at "Duffy's" - apparently a separate but adjoined bar right next door?

Our server informed us that it was her first day (as if that wasn't apparent). I'm not a waiter by trade, but I think when a person's beer is empty, or they are looking around the restaurant, they probably need assistance. We saw another waitress more than our own. "Not Our Waitress" did a really good job trying to pick up the slack. I hope she got a piece of the gratuity I left the newbie.

Bottom line: There are too many great spots, EVEN on the beach-side of Ocean Blvd, to waste your time eating here. $1.50 happy hour draft beer and 20 year old posters of a country music band that no longer exists are just not enough to bring me back.

1  Thank Corey S
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

First time in Myrtle in almost 20 yrs & definitely wanted to go The Bowery! Loved the atmosphere, house band was great & had a great time.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Loved the atmosphere and the fact that you can walk in from the beach or the boardwalk and grab a table - but they allow smoking inside which we hate (my daughter has asthma) and the service was incredibly slow considering it was a late morning in April and there was only one other table of patrons in the place... it seemed a snail's pace to get our food - and then we were underwhelmed - bar food and sodas and not that great even for bar food. The burgers were overdone and the "hand-cut" fries were either overdone or underdone (within the same order!) and greasy. Not a place I would go again. Our bill was almost $50 for the four of us, which is high even for Myrtle Beach.

1  Thank CPRocker