“Visitors from England”

WonderWorks Myrtle Beach All Access Admission
Ranked #5 of 57 Fun & Games in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: An amusement park for the mind! Experience of 100 hands-on exhibits. Be blown away by 74mph hurricane winds, manuever the controls of a NASA spacecraft to land the shuttle, lay on a bed of nails, pilot a fighter jet, design and ride your own virtual roller coaster, climb 3 stories of ropes on the indoor ropes challenge course, compete in a game of lazer-tag and much more!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We Went there with an extended family group of kids ageing from 4 to 12 and they loved it. Everyone of them could name a favourite thing they did albeit different ones. It is a little expensive but you can go in and out throughout the day. Coming from England the kids loved the space suit and being able to take pictures in it :)

WonderWorksOnline, Manager at WonderWorks, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for your review of the WonderWorks attraction! We are thrilled to have entertained your family and provided fun for every one of all ages along with great memories and photo opportunities!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We went there with our 4 year old daughter and although I would recommend something such as this for a 6-12 year old she absolutely loved it. My husband and I even had a blast. It had many things to experiment with and was very refreshing to get out of the heat for a moment.

1  Thank AmairasMommy07

Thank you for sharing your WonderWorks experience! We are happy to have provided your family with fun and entertainment as well as relief from the summer heat! We are so pleased all of you had such a good time!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This place was a pleasant surprise. It was fun with educational value. My family spent a few hours here on Christmas Day. It was nice considering most attractions were closed. I think it is a bit pricey, but we had a coupon and saved @ $12 dollars. There were things to do for all ages. My hubby was surprised that I kept my hand in the titanic temp waters longer then he could. I told him he didn't have the labor and delivery pain techniques that I have inquired. Lol!

There was one activity where you use the robotic arms to lift the prize. However, I did not notice a slot where you were able to receive the item you picked up. For the $$ spent to enter the facility, the machine should kick out a ticket or a coin where you could redeem a small prize at the gift counter. This would prevent people from taking more than one prize but would be a nice prize for those who were able to maneuver the robotic arms. My 3 yr old who did it n the first try was much better at it then my older son and the other adults I watched try it while in the room. He was quite disappointed he could never get his prize.

We loved being able to take pics with the space suit. My husband and sons have been to 2-3 shuttle launches and that exhibit was better than anything similar at the space center in Florida.

Since my 3 yr old could not do the ropes course, we went back down to the lower level for activities more suited for him. However, it was a bit confusing how to get back down to a level without having to go all the way back down to the entrance and passing through the gate again. They were really nice bout letting us back in, but it was confusing and awkward.

The fruit drink we bought from the snack area was expensive. Since you can come and go as you please all day with your ticket stub, I would suggest packing snacks and a lunch in your vehicle or enjoy a better variety and possibly lower prices from other venues at Broadway at the Beach.

I suggest this as an option for a Myrtle Brach visit especially in inclement weather weather color or too not. With kids, you can go and come several times and day and really get your money worth. There were several activities I did not notice the first time around so feel free to loop through twice if you will only visit once. Enjoy!

2  Thank jello_2001
WonderWorksOnline, Manager at WonderWorks, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for your feedback of the WonderWorks attraction! We are pleased that your family had an enjoyable and educational experience with us! We hope you will visit with us again!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Imagine riding a bike and peddling as the bike went 360 degrees in a complete circle, or walking along the ceiling in a maze of ropes. Laser tag in the dark, a simulation of a roller coaster, (that actually may make you feel sick.) This is only a fraction of what to expect when you walk into this wonderful place. Our group ranged from age 55 to 5 years old, and there was plenty of activities for each age group. Just seeing the upside building upon arrival was a special treat. We went here on Christmas day with the whole family (9) and everyone left saying it was worth the visit. Plan on hours of fun, and discovery. We really could have went back again and again, but we were all worn out from al the fun. The moment you walk through the tunnel that welcomes you, (that's if you can walk through it) to the pictures that move along the stairwell, your senses will be challenged! Would go again just to ride the big yellow bike!

2  Thank gwkelley

Thank you for your positive feedback of your WonderWorks encounter! We are happy to hear that your family of all ages shared the holiday with us and had such a wonderful experience amongst our interactive world!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We went to Wonderworks with a group of family members from ages 8-62 and there was something to do for everyone. The cost for adults is 22,95 minus a 2$ coupon and the children were 12.95 minus a 2$ coupon. The coupon book was given to us from our hotel. The exhibets all teach some type of science, You can experiance winds from a hurricane, walk thru a vertigo inducing tunnel, try and strike out Derek Jeeter, ride a rollarcoaster simulator and much more. Since we were here in the off season there was plenty of room for everyone and short wait lines for the simulators and the "sky rope obstacle course". I think it would be very crowded and not as much fun in the summer-time. There is a small cafe and gift shop on the first floor, a lasar-tag experiance ( extra 3$ per person) and a small arcade upstairs.

1  Thank Karen331966
WonderWorksOnline, Manager at WonderWorks, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent WonderWorks visit! We are thrilled you enjoyed your experience with us amongst our over 100 interactive exhibits and hope you will visit with us again!