“Don't let his demeanor fool you - I think Larry Ray actually voted for Obama”

Ash Myrtle Beach ATV Tours
Ranked #16 of 38 Tours in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: GUIDED ATV TOURS, THE BEST TIME YOU WILL HAVE IN MYRTLE BEACH SC, APPOX TWO HOURS OF FUNThe Third Ave address is a sub office, phone and mail only.
Harrison, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't let his demeanor fool you - I think Larry Ray actually voted for Obama”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My son and I happened onto this establishment during a 7 day road trip from NY to FL. We were wrapping up our trip (my son just got his learner's permit and this was his inaugural driving experience) and heading back from Miami trying to figure out what last fun thing we could do. He suggested trying to find an ATV tour, and a lucky search yielded Carolina Backwoods tours.

Having relied on my GPS to get me from Charleston to Ash in time for our 10:30 arrival, 11:00 start, and showing up late because it took us along route 17, I was disappointed to find out that we had missed our tour as they had left just before we got there. Seeing our disappointment, Mr. Ray offered to take us out on a semi-private tour himself (along with Stacey, another employee at the establishment). Being a cold day he suggested that we avoid the wet and dirty and stick with the high and dry tour. Knowing that my son and I could handle anything we initially rebuffed that suggestion - I quickly learned to take Larry Ray's advice.

After our initial briefing (a lecture really as Mr. Ray readily admits), Stacey took us out to familiarize us with the vehicles and started us on our tour. We were initially a little disappointed at the pace, and were concerned that we weren't going to get the experience we had hoped for -- THAT CHANGED VERY QUICKLY. After around 10 minutes of riding, Larry Ray caught up with us, and that's when his fun (and ours) began.

We had an awesome experience and both Larry Ray and Stacey took us on a tour that stretched, but stayed within our abilities. We were both first time riders, but the tour really had a good amount of challenge and fun.

Now to the title of this post. Being a liberal north-easterner, and yes, one of those that wants to take-away your rights to buy weapons that allow for clips with more than 10 bullets, I was fully expecting to see the banjo-playing inbred kid from the Deliverance movie. When I met Larry Ray, I was fully convinced of that. In fact, he and his team turned out to be really nice straight shooters who really know their business. Although I doubt that he really did vote for Obama - I really did enjoy the tour.

Larry, thanks.

Dan

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Daniel R
larryrayAshNc, Manager at Ash Myrtle Beach ATV Tours, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I know Trip Advisor will not print my real response. So, I was glad that you called by phone. Also was happy to hear that the two of you enjoyed yourself, I support the United States and our soldiers. I do not support bigger GOVERMENT. And I better leave it at that.. Thanks again and hope to see you again. LarryRay.
PS--- I wrote a response several times to you, you have no idea how bad I would like to share my opinion. But decided that this was not my forum. I did serve in South East Asia and I do support the United States and our Soldiers .

Dover, Pennsylvania
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Family Fun in the Mud”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had so much fun! We would absolutely do this again. They catered to our needs and we felt safe the entire time. Nancy took some awesome pictures of my sons so we can always remember those moments. Larryray was fun to be around and taught us every thing we needed to know in order to have an awesome time riding.
We experienced going in the mud, going through the water, up & down hills, paths in the woods. It was all great.

Visited December 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You'll have a blast!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is a must do!! A must do! My husband and I had a wonderful time, I was a first time rider and Stacey & Larry made this the best experience, we stayed in Myrtle Beach and it was a easy and quick ride getting there. We did the semi dry and loved every minute of it. We felt like kids playing in the mud! This tour is number one and deserve that spot!!!! GREAT GREAT GREAT TIME!!!!

Visited December 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Just plain old dirty fun!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I went with a group of guys for my bachelor party, and the ATVing was a great thing for all of us to bond and put some muscle into our day!
We went while it was raining, so it was even dirtier and more fun for all of us!
The funny thing is that getting stuck in the mud was the best part, since it required us guys to get waist high in mud and push together!
It was great time bonding with the guys and I would definitely do it again!

Visited August 2012
Elysburg, Pennsylvania, United States
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun in the Mud!!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

My husband and daughter did the ATV 2 hour tour this past week. They had a blast! I met them when they got off and the were filthy and thrilled! She is 10 so she rode on the back of his ATV but she was perfectly safe. We went to Walmart the night before to get cheap $5 sneakers and throw away clothes. You must have sneakers that lace up. Trust me you will never get your speakers clean again! The drove the ATV's through the woods and through muddy trails and into waist high mud. Many of the ATV's got stuck so everyone helps each other out pushing through the mud. They did say this got annoying after the 9 & 10th time since everyone kept getting stuck except them. But it was fun flopping around in the mud.

The people who run this are super nice. I was looking for something to do in the area while they were on the tour and Nancy sent me to a cute little farmers market. Equipment was very well kept. very disappointed in the picture which we paid $25 dollars for. It was just someone with an iPhone taking a few pic and they ended up only being in 5 pics. They post them to their Facebook page, you don't actually get them emailed or a CD or anything.

There are showers to clean up in but the hose is a much better way to start. Bring a complete change of clothes and shoes. Old towels would also be helpful.

1 Thank Jennifer C