“Great Hibachi”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
North Fort Myers, Florida
“Great Hibachi”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We usually go here once during our annual visit to North Myrtle Beach. The early bird is terrific but you must be seated by 5:30PM. There are 4 specials about $10 off the regular price. We had reservations for 40 at 7:15PM. We arrived before 7:15 and were all seated by 7:30PM. Usually there is a huge crowd at 4:30PM when they open due to the early bird specials. We had the special, Filet & Scallops ($25) and Hibachi Chicken. We told the cook to cut down on the salt and he did. The dinners come with soup & salad,2 hibachi shrimp, veggies and sorbet. The filet ordered med rare and cooked perfectly; it was very tender. The scallops were great. The chicken however was a overcooked as usual for hibachi. They give you a brick of rice, actually too much for an average person (enough for take out). The rib eye was also very good. The lobster sometimes is overcooked so no one ordered it. All in all the 40 of us were out within 1 1/2 hrs. The chefs put on a good show, great for the kids.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank sunfun4850

Charles Town, West Virginia
“Absolutely fantastic; huge portions”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

The largest portions of food I have ever had at a Japanese steakhouse. I give this place an A+ all around. Great food, great service, great atomoshere.

• Visited July 2013
“This place was AWFUL”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We decided to go to this place because of the high reviews, and boy were we disappointed. The service was amazing, but the food was disappointing. We are very spoiled because in our home town the hibachi places are very very good. The ones at home put this place to shame. The rice was still hard when it was served to us and it just tasted very bland. There was no show like you would normally see at a hibachi grill, our cook didn't even do the big fire. It was an overall big disappointment, especially for those in our group who had never been.

1 Thank Erica_A_Sawyer
“True Japanese steakhouse experience.”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

One of the best Japanese steakhouses I've ever been to. Fantastic food, good show, and nearly no wait on a Friday night. (i made a reservation.) Anybody who gives a place a bad review because they don't like that type of food is a jerk.

connelly springs, North Carolina
“Reservations Highly Recommended”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I'll preface this by saying that my family and I eat at this style of restaurant often, the ones where they cook the food right in front of you. No where online did I see anything about a reservation. We arrived approximately 5 minutes after the restaurant opened at 4:30, because we hadn't had lunch that day and were told that because we didn't have a reservation we would have to wait 30-45 minutes. So my advise would be to call ahead if possible. The food was good, but I had steak and it was 50% fat, chicken was great. Nice wait staff and prompt service. Our chef was competent but I had 2 kids with me and he continually made inappropriate comments during his cooking to joke around with the adults at the table (I guess to get better tips). Thank heavens my kids are to young to grasp what was being said. Food itself was good though.

1 Thank kimmiesue27