“Food was Extremely Disappointing!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's
Ranked #97 of 870 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Roanoke, Virginia
“Food was Extremely Disappointing!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I dined at this restaurant on 9/18/13 and was extremely disappointed and dissatisfied with my entree. I would actually say that the food bordered on Aweful! Last night happened to be my third and final visit to this particular restaurant. Since I have dined at PF Changs on numerous occassions, I do have a point of reference on judging the quality of their food. Last night my meal consisted of the Salt & Pepper Calamari and the Orange Chicken w/ Beef added. First of all, beware that PF Changs Calamari is not prepared the way that other restaurants typically prepare it. I anticipated a crispy, fried (almost tempura-like) calamari but much to my surprise it was a puffy,heavily-battered calamari that was likely the same batter that they use to fry their PF Changs spicy chicken. You could not taste the calamari for the batter which was a disappointment. My Orange Chicken was even worse. Typically the chicken and beef is dredged in a coating and then flash fried to create crispness in the dish. Unfortunately, they used too much of a thickening agent on the meat and it tasted 'pasty' and 'gritty'. The only evidence of 'orange' in the dish was the bitterness of the orange peel. Honestly, the PFChangs Orange Chicken that you buy at the grocery store would have been 10 times better than what I received. Appearance-wise, the dish looked as if it had been reheated in a microwave. More than likely it was as my waitress was consumed in a conversation with another table and had completely forgotten about serving me my meal. I was so disappointed with my meal that I was compelled to send an email to the owner of this particular restaurant but to date, I have not received any type of response. If you dine at this restaurant, be demanding and do not be satisfied with anything less as they should have better quality control over their food.

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Food is delicious, prices are reasonable and the servers are great. They had no problem making some minor changes to accommodate me to ensure my food was okay for me to eat because I'm on a medically-restricted diet.

Visited September 2013
Conway, South Carolina
“Great anniversary dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We made reservations for our 36th wedding anniversary. The hostess greeted us immediately. After a few minutes wait, the hostess explained that the slight wait was because she wanted us to sit in a booth (since it was our anniversary). Our waiter, John, greeted us immediately and took our drink order. He was extremely attentive and friendly throughout our whole meal.The food was fresh, hot and delicious. We ordered from the 4 course menu for 2.....great value! The manager came over to each and every table to greet the customers, nice touch!!!

Portsmouth, Rhode Island
“Food took forever, order incorrect”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Went as a group of 7 on 9/2/13. This was my first visit to this chain of restaurants, I had heard raves about the food, etc. Unfortunately, I was not impressed. My local Chinese takeout is just as good for half the cost. One friends' item came out incorrect & waitress said she would reorder & request it expedited. She kept coming back to say only 5 more minutes, well that turned into a 30 minute wait. Needless to say, we had all finished our meals & were waiting as hers finally arrived. Waitress was pleasant, but there were no busboys to clean up & often we just sat there with our empty plates in front of us. Manager was made aware of the issue & did comp the 1 meal & sent over 2 of there signature desserts for everyone to share-which were very good. Overall rate "B-."

Myrtle Beach, SC
“One of the better Chinese restaurants”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

First of all, always call for reservation. It is located in the Market Common area of Myrtle Beach an there always seems to be a lot of walkin traffice. Have a reservation-bypass the wait. Standard good food everytime I go there. This passed week the wait staff help was a little off time wise. Slow in providing additional hot mustard. Has to ask for a side plate for rice (entree dish had no room) which took a bit of time to come.

• Visited August 2013