“Run of the Mill but good”

Nightmare Haunted House
Ranked #30 of 60 Fun & Games in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in the mid 1980's, this mysterious dark attraction continues to horrify tourists and locals alike. Beyond these weathered walls resides the very place in your worst nightmares where evil dreams become stark reality. This is the place where horror plays hide-and-with the reluctant dreamer. In and out of total darkness, you find yourself shivering with terror. The morbid, raspy grunts and twisted moans of the UNDEAD leaves you unsure of the source...You can't be sure what lurks ahead or behind...Above or below. Suddenly your blood runs cold as you realize you're not sure if you will ever see the light of day once more.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Best to do this haunted house in a large group. The coolest part is there are live actors in the haunted house... they can't touch you but they sure can scare you. This one is way better than the ripleys one.

All reviews
"pics"
"teens"
"vacation"

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This haunt is 100x better then Ripley's by design. They do so much more with so much less. It's not huge, but well laid out, plan on 10-15 mins to go through. But the concept, and execution are well done. I've been to haunts all over the country, and I really appreciated the size and scare to cost ratio. They are just shy of a 5 start review, I only give those out when my socks are really knocked off. I have zero complaints about this attraction.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This has got to be the scariest haunted house i have ever been in, and trust me i have been to several! I would recommend visiting this place,worth the money!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Nightmare haunted house was a great experience for my family and me. I would recommend it for anyone. My daughter was scared to go in so the host gave us a tour instead of scaring us. They offer several levels of scariness. They wouldn't scare kids unless you wanted them to. Adults and teens he said he'd scare more if wanted. I enjoyed how he told you all the secrets and where his passageways were on the tour. Price is definitely worth it. I'd love to go back to Nightmare.

1  Thank junglejunction
See more reviews
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My two boys, 8 and 9 wanted to turn back after about 20 steps through the door. The loud and scary sound effects were just of much for them. The manager watched and even entertained the boys while my wife and I went through in about 5 minutes. Just one guy in the house doing semi-scary things. Very dark, pitch black, at times. Flashlight on my iPhone to the rescue. Then, the nice part: they turned the sound off and the scare master stayed inactive while the boys went through, 3-4 times. Overall, good experience.