“Best haunted house I've ever been to”

Nightmare Haunted House
Ranked #25 of 59 Fun & Games in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in the mid 1980's, this mysterious dark attraction continues to horrify tourists and locals alike. Beyond these weathered walls resides the very place in your worst nightmares where evil dreams become stark reality. This is the place where horror plays hide-and-with the reluctant dreamer. In and out of total darkness, you find yourself shivering with terror. The morbid, raspy grunts and twisted moans of the UNDEAD leaves you unsure of the source...You can't be sure what lurks ahead or behind...Above or below. Suddenly your blood runs cold as you realize you're not sure if you will ever see the light of day once more.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Nightmare haunted house was a great experience for my family and me. I would recommend it for anyone. My daughter was scared to go in so the host gave us a tour instead of scaring us. They offer several levels of scariness. They wouldn't scare kids unless you wanted them to. Adults and teens he said he'd scare more if wanted. I enjoyed how he told you all the secrets and where his passageways were on the tour. Price is definitely worth it. I'd love to go back to Nightmare.

1  Thank junglejunction
"teens"
"vacation"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My two boys, 8 and 9 wanted to turn back after about 20 steps through the door. The loud and scary sound effects were just of much for them. The manager watched and even entertained the boys while my wife and I went through in about 5 minutes. Just one guy in the house doing semi-scary things. Very dark, pitch black, at times. Flashlight on my iPhone to the rescue. Then, the nice part: they turned the sound off and the scare master stayed inactive while the boys went through, 3-4 times. Overall, good experience.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

The kids tickets are cheaper and the employee's performances are more believable than ripley's. they offered to tone down the horror for my 10 yr old ( I said NO, scare the crap out of him) but the offer was appreciated.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I am not one of them that can keep their eyes open. My boyfriend wanted to do this... and so I agreed to do it. It was definitely worth the money for him, solely because he got to hear me scream my head off. I would do it again for sure, just because the guy upstairs was definitely worth it all. As he talked I was more scared than anything. And, he is also the one that follows you around and whispers in your ear. Freaked me out. You go through this one part that I wanted to yell "I GIVE UP" but, I just screamed... A LOT!! Totally worth it though.