“Typical Pancake House”

Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
“Typical Pancake House”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This place was ok. Not really anything to write home about, even though it has been reviewed as delicious. There was nothing really wrong with the place, it was just average. Coming from the land of pancake houses (Pigeon Forge) I may be biased.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Nsg4Him

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Food average not worth the money...”
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

The grits were not cooked thoroughly. The Belgian waffle I shared with another person was good but overpriced at $5.50. I had the Philly cheesesteak omelette which was tasty but that was the ONLY thing that was tasty. The sweet tea had no sugar and I had to send it back. The grits were not cooked thoroughly and the biscuits were hard as bricks. Not a good breakfast and will not be back. EVER!

north carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We ate breakfast every morning here during our vacation. The service and food was excellent!!
I just love the croissants sandwiches. The pancakes were also good. They even have Neese's sausage!! Try it when you visit Myrtle Beach. You will enjoy it.

• Visited September 2012
Augusta, Georgia
“Went back twice.”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Folks in MB must love their pancakes. There's a pancake house on every corner. Following the Tripadvisor, we decided to try the Paradise Pancake House. We liked enough to go back twice.

The restaurant is locate on the corner of 12th avenue South and King's Highway. You can walk to it from a few adjacent hotels on Ocean Boulevard. However, there's no side walk on parts of King's Highway; driving might be better. There's a large parking lot.

The restaurant offers a variety of pancakes, eggs all stiles, French toasts with various toppings, and waffles. Over a few days we tried some omelets, raisin pancakes, raisin pecan pancakes, stuffed French toast, and oatmeal. Raisin pecan pancakes were the best. Syrup was of bargain variety. French toast strawberry toping was from a can, starchy and bland. Coffee was surprisingly good and fresh. The oatmeal was stove cooked rather than instant. Portions were very generous.

This restaurant is popular with locals. We saw police, restraint owners, local handymen. This for us is always a good sign. We were given some great dinner recommendations. The service was prompt and friendly. We'll gladly go back.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Gene_Augusta
Richmond, Virginia
“Average”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was a cute little place, the decor reminded me of a hole in the wall diner and the staff was very friendly and welcoming! However, the food wasn't that great! Mediocre at best. I ordered the NY Strip Steak and eggs with french toast. The eggs were good, Steak was not! Infact I discarded about 3/4 of the steak and the french toast was nothing special. I would like to say that my friend ordered the Mish Mash which I tasted and it was delicious! If you decide to go to this place get the Mish Mash and add gravy. Maybe I should have stuck with the Pancakes or Omelets; afterall it is a pancake and omelet house.

Visited October 2012