“Funny”

Carolina Improv
Ranked #1 of 49 Nightlife in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Carolina Improv Company is located INSIDE the Myrtle Beach Mall at the Uptown Theater with seating for approximately 75 people. It's a very intimate (and small) space and serves beer, wine and soda. Yes, it's a little unconventional but that's what makes it fun (and cheaper than other shows). Our seats are transportable cushioned chairs and sometimes we have to pull out folding chairs when people are begging to see us. The fire marshall lets us have up to 110 people in the space. Since the mall does not provide outdoor signage it could be tricky to find us. The mall anchor is Bass Pro Shop and Uptown is on that end of the mall. For the quickest path to the theater, guests should park at the back of the mall between Bass Pro Shop and Carmike Cinema. Hungry? There are several restaurants at the mall where you can eat before visiting us.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hostess really tried to get the audience involved. Due to the season the crowd was light and initially quiet. By the middle of the performance everybody seemed to participate. It was a lot of fun. My favorite was where audience suggestions were taken and recorded on bits of paper. Thrown on the stage randomly these were used as dialogue in the scene. It was very funny. All with a Halloween theme. It was great, a bit amateur... if you compare them to "Who's line is it anyway?". But considering the professional cast of those guys, this was great entertainment for the money.

There are newer reviews for Carolina Improv

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My friend and I have been to a few different shows at Uptown Theatre but we most recently checked out a Saturday night showing of "Whose Night Out is it Anyway?". Freaking hilarious! We laughed solidly for two full hours--to the point that my sides are sore today. Really enjoyed the interactive nature of the set-up with lots of audience participation, and the players were clever, quick-witted, and enthusiastic! Also enjoyed a few cold beers from their beer and wine bar, and the friendly service we received throughout. Just a really great and different way to spend a few hours on a Saturday night. We'll definitely be back.

1  Thank Tayrex
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The 6 actors and the host all gave a great performance and kept us entertained for the 90 minutes. We went on a Friday night for the "whose beach is it anyway" family show and the crew did a great job with the silly improvisational comedy prompts that were given by the audience. It's a small venue in the mall, but they go out of their way to make you feel welcomed and seems like they really appreciate their audiences. Lots of energy and laughter, a good clean show for a family to enjoy. Performances were very current and topical. Go see them, get the tickets online to save a few bucks!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I went to see "Whose Night Out is it Anyway?" OMG!!!!!!!!! The show was toooo funny!! Carolina Improv is at the top of my list. I can't wait to see another show... The crew/staff was wonderful and very professional. The show is just down right funny and silly at the same time. You will just let your hair down and laugh until you cry. I LOVE IT and enjoyed very aspect of this show... I was actually a participate of the show and enjoyed the interaction from that. Now I see why they are called "Carolina Improv" because they Improv like never before!!!!! I would highly recomment this show any time! I would like to give a shout out to the entire staff... GREAT SHOW and hope to see you soooonnnnn!!!

1  Thank foxyj67
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had such a great time. We've been to like 5 shows now at Carolina Improv company and I would be happy to go like a million more times because each show is different due to it being improv.

I look forward to another trip there maybe next summer. The company is really funny and it's just plain silly fun for a night. It's also totally reasonably priced.